New design for luggage tags???

DisneyMaleficent50

DIS Veteran
Just got ours today. We ordered 2 purple and 2 green magic bands. When I pulled out my luggage tags all 4 are the same. I believe the design in what has been used for purple magic bands. 20180517_222241.jpg mine were green on the front and purple on the back. Anyone else seeing a change?

I think they are just unloading them at this point.

We have 2 blue bands, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 pink, 1 purple.
We received 4 gray Minnie kissing Mickey luggage tags & then 1 orange Donald Duck and then the one you have pictured above.

The last 3 trips our bands matched our luggage tags. No big deal to us.

Are those the Disney Magical Express Tags?

luggage.jpg No those are the complimentary tags that go with paid Room packages.

Here is just a sample.....Donald can also be orange etc.

So I put the DME tags on the suitcases and those complimentary tags?

Complimentary tags are for those flying and/or driving. You can put them on just for fun or to put your address and name and resort. etc.

Yellow DME tags are mandatory if flying and using Magical Express
So I put the DME tags on the suitcases and those complimentary tags?

So yes if you have both you can do that.

Complimentary tags are for those flying and/or driving. You can put them on just for fun or to put your address and name and resort. etc.

Yellow DME tags are mandatory if flying and using Magical Express

So yes if you have both you can do that.

(Off thread topic but actually while yellow DME tags are for Magical Express they are not mandatory. They are for Magical Express's luggage service. You can opt to ride Magical Express but not use their luggage service by not using the yellow tags and picking up your own checked luggage and bringing it to Magical Express and it goes underneath your bus. Conversely, if you want to use Magical Express's luggage service but lose your yellow tags, you can still ask Magical Express to handle your luggage...just ask them and give them your airline luggage claim tags.)

Please inform me :teeth:...I like to learn.
Are the yellow tags not placed there so they know whose they are and where they need to go to?

Please inform me :teeth:...I like to learn.
Are the yellow tags not placed there so they know whose they are and where they need to go to?

Yes.

And...

You can opt to ride Magical Express but not use their luggage service by not using the yellow tags and picking up your own checked luggage and bringing it to Magical Express and it goes underneath your bus.

You don’t have to use the luggage service. I’d you don’t want to have bags picked up, you don’t put the tags on.

BBeans, you said they are mandatory if flying and using DME. And they aren’t. There’s a whole swath of people arriving between 9pm and 5am who can’t get their bags taken so the tags are useless for them. And even for those who forget tags, there are ways to get your bags pulled when landing during the correct hours!!

So the yellow sticky tags aren’t mandatory at all. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter