New Contemporary DVC Concept Art!

I don't really like the look from the artwork...reallly large, it reminds me of an apartment complex.

I forgot to say that this picture of what the building might look like is only more proof that this will be a DVC building and not just a building called Magic Kingdom suites as others have thought.

Over on the ScreamScape site there is on additional view I haven't seen before..

I like this design.. and if they ever did the south wing up the same way.. WOW.. that would look really sharp in my opinion.

I'm sure others will disagree.. But.. that's why Disney offers so many choices.

Knox

I forgot to say that this picture of what the building might look like is only more proof that this will be a DVC building and not just a building called Magic Kingdom suites as others have thought.

:confused: how on earth does an artist's rendering of a building confirm this? are you seeing something that I am not seeing in that picture? could you please share how this picture confirms that it is DVC :confused:

:confused: how on earth does an artist's rendering of a building confirm this? are you seeing something that I am not seeing in that picture? could you please share how this picture confirms that it is DVC :confused:
What I mean is since DVC at the Contemporary has not been officially announced, the picture of what the building what look like leads me to believe that it will be a DVC building. I have read some posts where others believe it won't be a DVC building, but a building that would be called Magic Kingdom suites or something. However since the DVC coming to the Contemporary rumour has been out there for 2 years or something, this picture leads me to believe that it will be a DVC building based on all the rumours and etc.

Nothing has been announced. There are projects 'in the pipe' all the time which are cancelled. Artists renderings exist for hundreds of such projects.

I don't see how that building calls out DVC as it does not look like any existing DVC building. It DOES look like several other hotels however, which are exactly that - hotels, and not timeshare buildings.

Nothing has been announced. There are projects 'in the pipe' all the time which are cancelled. Artists renderings exist for hundreds of such projects.

I don't see how that building calls out DVC as it does not look like any existing DVC building. It DOES look like several other hotels however, which are exactly that - hotels, and not timeshare buildings.
If that's what you want to believe then that is your choice. I choose to believe that this means we are getting closer to DVC at the Contemporary. Besides with the demolition of the North Garden Wing which is the most obvious sign, the rumours of it going to the Contemporary the past 2 years and all these designs on the internet of what the building might look like that tells me DVC there is a go and only needs to be officially announced by WDW.

it's not about what I believe. I try and deal with factual information.

If dreaming about a DVC at the Contemporary makes someone happy, so be it. But to confirm it as fact is misleading at this point.

it's not about what I believe. I try and deal with factual information.

If dreaming about a DVC at the Contemporary makes someone happy, so be it. But to confirm it as fact is misleading at this point.
I never said this confirms it will be a DVC building built at the Contemporary. I said based on the demolition of the North Garden Wing, the rumours in general about it over the past 2 years and the designs that have been on the internet only make this more believable that it will be a DVC building. I then said all we need is for WDW to confirm it so we don't need to keep saying the same things over and over again.

I have to agree with Bavaria. I am sure eventually DVC will build at the Contemporary.

But this is nothing more than a photo sent to this other website and for all any of us know from someone that is very good at computer generated photo enhancement.

It is not an official photo of the new DVC at the Contemporary. Hopefully when they do build, it won't look anything like this.

Weather this is an official photo that is something we will either choose to believe or not believe. I still say the most obvious reason that there will be a DVC building there is the demolition of the North Garden Wing. I am sorry for always brining that point up, but if this is not going to be a DVC building why would the North Garden Wing have been demolished? I mean they could have renovated it like the South Garden Wing. Basically what I am saying is the Contemporary would have not got rid of so many rooms if they did not plan on building something new in that area. So with the rumours out there it can only be a DVC building.

I believe it will be DVC. I also see that it confirms my worst fears that it totally ruins the aesthetics of the Contemporary Resort. Why, oh why, when they have done DVC so well at all the other deluxe resorts, couldn't they find a way to make it more complimentary to the original architecture, and keep the CR tower as the visual focus it was intended to be. Personally, I think it's an eyesore even before it's built.

But I think thats the design point .

If you look at the lines it flows right with CR.

It looks like you could tilt it up and sit it right on top of CR so there is plenty of complimentry design in it if you look a bit deeper then it shouldn't be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter