New Coaster Coming To Knotts for Summer 07

VegasMike21

<font color=blue>I couldn't stop laughing when the
New Roller Coaster To Spin Into Knott's Next Year

Eric Gieszl
Editor

Buena Park, CA - Knott's Berry Farm is putting a spin on a traditional roller coaster. The park announced yesterday that their building a new family attraction for 2007 that will be a combination of a roller coaster and a spinning thrill ride.

Sierra Sidewinder currently under construction at the park will open next spring near the entrance to Camp Snoopy.

According to Knott's this new roller coaster will be different since the cars on the coaster's two trains spin.

"Sierra Sidewinder will be an exciting addition to Knott's Berry Farm and will give kids as well as adults a ride like they have never experienced before," said Marty Keithley, Knott's Berry Farm's general manager.

Guests will be seated two across, back-to-back, in two row cars. The coaster's two trains have four cars for a total of 16 riders. From there Sierra Sidewinder carries riders up a six-story tall lift hill before sending them through a series of nose-dives, banks, dips and turns at speeds of up to 37 mph. The added thrill comes from the cars that continually spin, uncontrolled throughout the 1,411-foot long ride.

Because the spinning is uncontrolled each ride on Sierra Sidewinder should be a unique experience.

The coaster, designed by Mack Rides of Germany is only the second one of its kind in the world. According to Knott's the first is located at Germany's Europa Park.

"The Mack Company is a family business known for its quality products and dates back to 1780 when they first started building carriages and coaches," said Keithley. "Today they are an award-winning company known for their innovative attractions and family oriented ride construction."

When Sierra Sidewinder debuts next spring will be the theme park's 8th roller coaster. The last roller coaster built at Knott's was Silver Bullet, an inverted coaster that opened in December 2004.

With a spring opening planned, Knott's new roller coaster will likely debut before Disneyland's revamped Submarine Voyage that is expected to reopen in June.

Knott's officials did not reveal how much the new attraction will cost, but parent company Cedar Fair Entertainment based in Sandusky, Ohio is expected to make that announcement in the coming weeks.

For more information about Knott's Berry Farm, visit knotts.com and for information on Cedar Fair Entertainment, visit cedarfair.com.

db_2007_0501_SierraSidewinder21.jpg

WOW!! I had no idea they had a new attraction coming... it looks like it could be fun. I like the littler rides too - hell, some of them are as scary as the bigger ones! :rotfl: This looks like two of the coasters we have here in the UK - they ROCK!!!! :thumbsup2

T4P!

Does anyone know if this is open yet? It sounds a little bit like X from SFMM
It's open NOW!! :) Opened on May 26.

It's NOTHING like X at SFMM though. It's more of a "kiddy" coaster IMO, BUT these kinda coasters are just as crazy as "grown up" coasters really. I've heard from some adults who have been on (and love) some of the biggest coasters we have here in the UK that they wouldn't do these kinda rides again. I think it's the combo of spinning whilst flying round the track.

Sounds good to me... :thumbsup2

It's open NOW!! :) Opened on May 26.

It's NOTHING like X at SFMM though. It's more of a "kiddy" coaster IMO, BUT these kinda coasters are just as crazy as "grown up" coasters really. I've heard from some adults who have been on (and love) some of the biggest coasters we have here in the UK that they wouldn't do these kinda rides again. I think it's the combo of spinning whilst flying round the track.

Sounds good to me... :thumbsup2

The spinning is what gets people, my g/f can't handle spins so she won't go on it but goes on crazy coasters like Goliath at Six Flags, go figure.

has anyone here actually been on it? its sounds pretty neat.

I so cannot wait to get on this ride. It looks like a lot of fun!!! :goodvibes

I went on this ride when I was at Knott's on June 7th. I really didn't think it was worth the wait. The cars were hardly spinning.

How long was the wait for this one minute ride?

Well my DBF is in a wheel chair so we got to go up the exit and we still waited about 20 minutes. I would say we had to wait for about5 trains. There were alot of people in line. It was probably about 90 minutes.

Well my DBF is in a wheel chair so we got to go up the exit and we still waited about 20 minutes. I would say we had to wait for about5 trains. There were alot of people in line. It was probably about 90 minutes.

WOW, definetly not worth the 90 minute wait! Haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter