New Castaway gifts??

Toulou

Mouseketeer
Now that I have my fill of the backpacks I am looking forward to... please tell me the latest gift is....??? Don't get me wrong we all just love those backpacks! We managed to go on enough vacations so the 3 of us have our very own! I was just wondering if there is anything new to get excited about?

Not so far, we currently have 4 of those sling bags (and added luggage tags on our most recent cruise since it was our first as Gold). Only one of the beach bags (which we love). Sigh. Time to mix it up, Disney!

It would be nice if they could have a new Castaway gift every year...lol, but as we only cruise every 2 yrs, it really doesn't matter to us yet...we have our 1 sling bag from August 2018...maybe I'll get lucky and there will be a new bag for 2020!

I do like the sling bag, I just used it for the first time on a Girl Scout Museum of Science overnight--good size to hold the troop first aid kit, permission forms, and my water bottle. I have old backpacks when I need a 'big' bag, so this was a good 'small/medium' bag for me to hold the essentials--much better than a cinch bag which has no form.

I used my sling bag for the first time on my last cruise and it broke at the port as we were waiting to board! Of course I had one to replace it when I got onboard. But it seems like the are not the sturdiest things.

How do the gifts work? Do you get a new gift every cruise? Is it one per stateroom or one per guest?
The gift is for repeat cruisers, 1 per stateroom based upon the highest Castaway level in the room. Silver Castaway level are currently getting the Sling bag. Gold Castaway level get the sling bag and 2 luggage tags, Platinum level get the sling bag, luggage tags, and a choice of chocolates/fruit basket/prosecco as well as a meal at Palo. Also all the levels get a lanyard for each person in the stateroom when checking in--the color of the lanyard corresponds to the Castaway level. The gift is in your stateroom when you arrive, it's automatic, but the Platinum level does need to choose their other gift as well as book a meal at Palo in advance.

Yes, replacing the gift annually would be much appreciated. I feel like they switched them the middle of 2017? I just know we are over them.

An annual change would be great. We have three beach bags and a sling and hope they will have changed by next year!

They seem to change every 2 years so 2020 should bring something new. I have several backpacks, beach bags, totes and sling bags so they really need something other than a "bag". I'd like them to bring back beach towels. Also I think a hat would be cool.

The canvas tote came out September 2015. The sling bag came out September 2017. I’m cruising September 2019 and have my fingers crossed that the pattern continues and they release a new gift. 8 sling bags, but found homes for them. Several canvas bags and gave them away. Several red totes, blue backpack, and silver, gold, and black totes. I have a serious cruising problem.

Now that I have my fill of the backpacks I am looking forward to... please tell me the latest gift is....??? Don't get me wrong we all just love those backpacks! We managed to go on enough vacations so the 3 of us have our very own! I was just wondering if there is anything new to get excited about?

I'll trade slings, canvas totes, and luggage tags for a backpack! Wore my backpack out!! Next cruise if it's not a backpack, I'm leaving it on the ship. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter