New Castaway Club bag

A word about the Platinum choice. We always ask for the sparkling wine and they usually bring a Prosecco or sparkling wine. Last time it was asti spumate - yuck - but we had opened and poured without looking.

We are sailing on the Magic in a couple of weeks. First time sailing Platinum. How do you get a bottle of wine?

We are sailing on the Magic in a couple of weeks. First time sailing Platinum. How do you get a bottle of wine?

Guest services will call and ask you/leave you a message requesting you to call with your platinum gift choice. It will be delivered to your stateroom. They will give you a choice of selections available for your sailing.

We got it on the Dream on Sunday. Mine broke on Monday. The ring came out and the rope handle wouldn't stay in place. I was bummed as I really liked the bag :(

Just off the Dream last Sunday and our bag broke the same way. 3 of the 4 grommets just came off, the first time I tried to use it. It wasn't overloaded. I suspect a quality control issue. I just through mine away before I got home.

Unfortunate so many of them are breaking. I guess DCL likes giving bags and changes so infrequently we are stuck with this for a while

We sailed on the Magic on 12/27-30. We got the new lanyards and new bag. The bag included the mini white board and marker, and highlighter. That was it.

On the second day of having literally nothing on it, the hole broke. Switched it temporarily until were able to get to guest services to another hole, and by the time we go there, another hole broke.

The new lanyards include a small velcro to be able to take them apart without pulling them over your head - nice idea, however, the stitches are of very poor quality and also, after a day, the stitches came apart.

Guest services brought a new one for us, and they noticed it was frayed. They were able to find an older style one in the end.

It was better than I expected from the picture. I actually did use mine on the ship. I still prefer the backpack when off the ship though.

Sailed on the Magic January 10. Used my bag during the cruise and now it's my work tote bag. I like it a lot.

I thought the lanyards were great, and of a much better quality than other free ones you might get at a conference.

Maybe I was just lucky? :confused3

My bag broke after a half a days use on an excursion. It's cheaply made unfortunately. I saw a bunch of people whose bags had broken too. I threw it out after trying to repair it because then all of the strap holes eventually broke. I don't like the bag.

Ours broke before we disembarked the ship so my fiancé redid the strap in another hole, then the next day another hole broke when we were at Hollywood Studios so she redid that one. The next night when we were packing to go home a third one broke so it ended up in the garbage at the All Star Music. We liked the bag but it was made too cheaply.

Oooh, I like that bag. No cruise booked atm, but hopefully, it'll stay long enough that we can get one. (And hope the holes stay intact.)

- Dreams

Ours broke before we disembarked the ship so my fiancé redid the strap in another hole, then the next day another hole broke when we were at Hollywood Studios so she redid that one. The next night when we were packing to go home a third one broke so it ended up in the garbage at the All Star Music. We liked the bag but it was made too cheaply.

Hi DDF,
Well,.......... I just wonder where it was made.....any clues????

I'd have to say this is my least favorite of the CC gifts. I'd rather have a beach towel.

photo found on ebay
$_12.JPG

Man these bags are so cheap. Unbelievable. Mine broke while walking through the airport to our return flight home yesterday. I found out that my brother's bag broke as well. Same issue with the metal grommets popping out, rendering the bag totally useless. I had to carry it like a baby the rest of the way home.

I just sent an email to DCL to complain about this. I'm going to follow-up and reference this thread too.

China.
September 2013.

per the tag

I've been afraid to use mine. Not that I really like it anyway. Backpacks are MUCH more useful.

Mine holds up pretty well. I have used it a few times at Nassau and CC and later at WDW.
I also quite like it. (But then mine is a black one and I like black anyway). ;)

I have two, after doing a b2b, which I'm afraid to use at all. One of them is a replacement for one that we used one time which started losing it's rivets. We only used it for a pool day and didn't have much stuff in it at all.

If anyone has any ideas for reinforcing those, please post. :-)

We use our backpack from 2012 all the time. Even if we reinforce the rivets, I'm not sure how much we'll actually use the totes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter