New Cabana experiences and pricing

aiellestad

Earning My Ears
We are going in December and have a cabana booked. Aulani called yesterday to let us know the pricing as of Oct 1 goes up to $550 for the day. They now allow more guests, upgraded the furniture, have a bigger tv, and said there is a few surprises they won’t announce.

It was a lot to begin with but that is a big price increase for just one day. We are going to keep it for now but I may cancel it down the road. It’s a lot of fun but pricing is becoming prohibitive for us.

I'm not sure allowing more guests makes this better . . cabanas are my escape from the crowds. There isn't any room to make them bigger? So they are just cramming more people into the same space. Sounds like another disappointing money grab masquerading as an upgrade. I hope I'm wrong. will be interested to hear what people report back.

Unfortunately, I read on other Facebook groups that this is the case with regards to Cabanas at Aulani, that they aren't honoring the price for those that booked already under the old pricing. If it were me, I would just cancel out of principle, but I am sure Disney will just get another customer willing to pay, so me protesting with my wallet wouldn't make any difference. But that's what I would do if it happened to me :)

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.

Great3

They should honor the original price.

But when I booked Cabanas - they said 2 were available in the (former) adult area. I reserved them. Day of someone had cancelled and they split us to one cabana in the (former) adult and one near the splash pad. And acted like I was crazy for being confused how this could happen. Clown show as usual.

They should honor the original price.

But when I booked Cabanas - they said 2 were available in the (former) adult area. I reserved them. Day of someone had cancelled and they split us to one cabana in the (former) adult and one near the splash pad. And acted like I was crazy for being confused how this could happen. Clown show as usual.

When you say former adult area. Is there no adult area anymore? Sorry we are going back next summer and when we went a few years ago the adult area was there. Is that no longer adults only area? If so that is a bummer. My kids are now 21 and 19 and I was looking forward to trying to get a cabana in adult area...

When you say former adult area. Is there no adult area anymore? Sorry we are going back next summer and when we went a few years ago the adult area was there. Is that no longer adults only area? If so that is a bummer. My kids are now 21 and 19 and I was looking forward to trying to get a cabana in adult area...
I don’t think they have changed it back to Adult only as of today - hopefully it’s something they change back before your trip. Others have remarked that it’s a less popular pool with kids - but we had kids in our cabana. And so did the group they placed in the cabana next to us. So YMMV

I don’t think they have changed it back to Adult only as of today - hopefully it’s something they change back before your trip. Others have remarked that it’s a less popular pool with kids - but we had kids in our cabana. And so did the group they placed in the cabana next to us. So YMMV
Was there a reason they changed it from adult only? Was it covid or pool closure or something?

Was there a reason they changed it from adult only? Was it covid or pool closure or something?
It's listed on the website as part of their Covid-19 response, so I guess it was just to spread people out. Now that most restrictions are gone, it's probably only a matter of time until the adult area goes back to being an adult area.

Alternatively, it's possible that the folks at Aulani are satisfied with not having an adult area and they decide to keep it that way. We can't really know unless they say something. But, since the adult pool being open to everyone is still listed on the website as a temporary thing, I'm sticking with that for now.

We were in cabana #8 on Sunday which is one of the ones back behind the former adult pool. I will say that area is more secluded than 3,4,5, but many children were in the area. We’ve always previously had 3,4, or 5, so this was our first experience back there. My biggest gripe was an awful smell during the first hour or two (think sewage treatment 🤢). Thankfully it wasn’t an issue the entire day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter