• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Book Coming Out: Disney's Imagineering Legends

WaltD4Me

<font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate
I love reading Disney books, especially books about Imagineering and about the days of Walt.

This one looks like it's going to be pretty good.

Walt Disney's Legends of Imagineering and the Genesis of the Disney Theme Park introduces a core group of the originators of Disneyland and the other Disney parks. It explores their individual relationships with Walt and each other, their creative breakthroughs and failures, and their rivalries and professional politics. This candid narrative of their lives and contributions to a very special form of entertainment illustrates why, half a century later, their work continues to be vital and important to millions of people every day, and all over the world.

61mHdIJapRL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Link for to more info...it comes out August 26th :)
http://www.amazon.com/Disneys-Legends-Imagineering-Genesis-Disney/dp/0786855592/ref=pd_sim_b_2

There was a thread on the CB that has a list of all the Walt Disney World books that are coming out. There seems to be a whole bunch that look great!!!

I'm really looking forward to this new book too. It was supposed to have been released July 15th, but got pushed back to August 16th I believe :sad2: . I think it will be a nice addition to my Disney collection.

I had the chance to meet the author, Jeff Kurtti, on the WB repo cruise in May. He is an AMAZING person to talk to. You'll have to check out his book he did with Thomas Schumacher, the president of the Disney Theatrical Group. GREAT GREAT GREAT book on how the theatre works.

He also has some other books coming out in the next few months (hopefully.....;) ). One on the art of WDW, to go with his already published The Art of Disneyland. I'm looking forward to that one, as well. Additionally, he's working on a documentary on the Sherman Brothers, called The Boys.

Jeff is the kind of person I would love to hear an interview with on the Podcast. There was always a group of people after his lectures to have books signed, and people always asked questions. I stayed behind just to hear what he had to say. An absolutely fascinating person to talk to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter