new blog: Radiator Springs Racers: Cars Land’s new E-Ticket

I have no interest in Cars. I have not seen it, and do not have any interest in seeing it. I wish Disney Parks would stop placing so much emphasis and Cars related parks/resorts, etc. Having said that... they did put a lot of effort into this and it looks very nice. It does however appear to be Test Track with a Cars overlay. I would still ride it :)

We saw Cars Land last Sunday and it was absolutely AMAZING. I would love for them to put this in WDW. Radiator Springs Racers was so much better than Test Track. The theming was just unbelieveable. You actually felt like you were in Radiator Springs.

I very much enjoyed this. After watching the video of the ride-thru I think we've seen the application of some of the new technology that will be appearing at Test Track when it reopens. :car:

I have no interest in Cars. I have not seen it, and do not have any interest in seeing it. I wish Disney Parks would stop placing so much emphasis and Cars related parks/resorts, etc. Having said that... they did put a lot of effort into this and it looks very nice. It does however appear to be Test Track with a Cars overlay. I would still ride it :)

I understand how you feel, Kim. I am not a Cars fan at all. I saw the first movie, but not the others and don't really have much of a desire to. I'm honestly more excited for the Fantasyland expansion than Cars Land.

With that being said, I have been looking at some of the videos and blogs about Cars Land and am excited to see the new technology Disney used. Even though I am not a huge fan of the characters and theme, it will be neat to see how things have been created. I remember being at DCA when the area was being built; now, to go back this summer and see what was accomplished will be interesting. From what I have heard, the area is amazing, so I am going to go in with an open mind. After all, this is Disney's newest part of a theme park. That in itself is exciting!

On July 16th, ABC will have a special showing of Cars. It will include video of the new area in DCA including attractions, etc. I'm going to watch!

Bitter, party of one - Bitter? ;) Sorry , couldn't resist.

Bitter, party of one - Bitter? ;) Sorry , couldn't resist.

Aw, :sad:. I couldn't live with myself if you thought I was bitter Pete! I love you!! Hehe.

Just my two cents though. Thanks for the hug Nikki. I do agree with your comments though. The technology and amount of effort put into the area really does shine.

Love you all! :grouphug:

No worries Kim. I totally agree. I actually did watch the first Cars movie though, I think I fell asleep and don't even remember the storyline. :confused3 The ride does look pretty cool though just from the new technology aspect...even still, I still don't really get all the hype. It's always exciting to get a new attraction though. Cars just isn't what I would have picked for one.

No worries Kim. I totally agree. I actually did watch the first Cars movie though, I think I fell asleep and don't even remember the storyline. :confused3 The ride does look pretty cool though just from the new technology aspect...even still, I still don't really get all the hype. It's always exciting to get a new attraction though. Cars just isn't what I would have picked for one.

:rotfl: I fell asleep too, and I was in a movie theater.

We didn't like Cars, either, and have yet to see the 2nd one (it is languishing near the bottom of a long Netflix list, perhaps waiting until our 1 year old boy is older then we'll watch it for him). That said, Cars Land looks fantastic and the ride video of Radiator Springs Racers looks amazing. The animatronics look so real, it's like being in the movie. They did a fantastic job and I'm sure we'll enjoy the ride and the land. I don't have to love the movie to enjoy the rides/theming. I don't like Alice in Wonderland or Pooh but can still enjoy Fantasyland, etc.

I was surprised when my DH showed me the pictures of Radiator Springs. He thought it would be a great attraction to see when we visit DCA. He usually takes no interest of new stuff at any park. I am looking forward to Carsland. And I may be in the minority here, but I enjoyed Cars and Cars 2. :cool1:

The first time I saw Cars I really wasn't too impressed. Maybe I was comparing it to the classic Disney tale, or maybe I just couldn't get into inanimate objects having personalities. I don't really know.

So, I went to Cars Land on Saturday and was totally blown away. On Sunday, my daughter Kelly sat me down to watch the movie Cars again. During the whole movie, I kept seeing characters and places I recognized from the actual location at California Adventure. I kept pointing them out to Kelly, and exclaiming, "I saw that!! I know what that is!! Ohhhh, THAT'S why they have that at Cars Land... " (etc.)

Then, yesterday, I went back to Cars Land, and I was able to enjoy it from a whole new perspective. They literally took the town out of the animated movie and placed it in California Adventure, and when you go there, it is hard to imagine that you are in a Disney theme park.

They really did a wonderful job.

I'm so glad I am going back on Friday. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter