New Avenue at the Studios

OnWithTheShow

No Entangling Alliances
Look here later for the details!

Sorry I made you all click here but I ran out of time so I figured I'd tease you all. Feel free to guess at where it might go and what it might have.

Ok, i'll be the first the venture a guess. I think that will all the guests on sunset blvd. due to ToT and RnR, that the new blvd. will need to be built on the other end of the park.

How about between star tours and Indy, right through the gates where the parade enters the park. This would require ripping up some parking, and i think that is a cast parking lot over there, but i'm sure that's someone's job to figure out where everyone will park.

And if were good, maybe we'll get an EMV ride, maybe even an all electric one like in tokyo.

Maybe they're going to re-do the residential street...
Aside from the Osbourne Family Lights, what is it really used for?

Hmm...I remember a looonnngggggg time ago about something called Roger Rabbit's Hollywood(or something to that effect). Maybe thats it?:rolleyes: :cool: :bounce: :pinkbounce:

jpholic-

You beat me to my next idea. The roger rabit area you are talking about was the proposed maroon studios area.

Everyone's favorite columnist, Jim Hill, had an article today on that very topic:Laughing Place

Ok,

Here is the plan as I have heard it...
The plan as I have heard it has three possiblities.
1. The reduction in the main entrance road to the studios from 4 lanes to two lanes. This would allow for a new avenue starting from the end of New York Street and heading towards the outside of the park past the backlot theater. This avenue would be about half the size of New York Street and contain 2 attractions. Each would be able to have a show building the size of the Great Movie Ride or one larger and one smaller attraction. It would require the removal of around half of residential street and a diversion of the backlot tours route over the drainage pond located there now.

2. the removal of the entire residential street area and the addition of the same attractions listed above there.

3. the moving of the entrance road to the drainage canal not currently visible in the woods outside the Studios openign up a massive area fr expansion.

I have heard nothing of what rides or theming will go in this area. The rumor has been moving around the Studios for over a year so I think it likely. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Well whatever they do, it should be good. I don't know why they're thinking about expanding Disney-MGM studios while AK is the park needing help the most. I say add attractions to AK, then think about Disney-MGM studios.

They are looking at the studios because all the parks are getting expanded. With Epcot as the center of the Millenium Celebration, they announced Mission Space. It's ensuring that people beyond the disney enthusiasts hear about it, and plan return trips to see it.
What better time to announce an expansion of the Studios, than during Walt's 100th birthday celebration?

Maybe this is where they will be putting the "extensive exhibit about Walt's life, featuring a film and hours of rare audio" and some of the trivia kiosks.

The show you mentioned Jeff is "Walt Disney: One Man's Dream" and will be going into the Lights Camera Action Theater on Mickey Avenue (between Little Mermaid and Millionaire). The interactive kiosks will be spread throughout the park and other parks as well.

OH. The theater that never gets used. I thought it might be a good idea to put that where Doug Live! was. You could have a nice preshow and audio-aniomatronic stage show...:) :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter