Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
<font color=navy>Tomorrowland gets a new attraction in 2005:

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters!

<center>
11450IMG_7115-med.JPG
</center>

Although this attraction is slated to open when Disneyland begins its 50th anniversary on May 5, 2005 ... get it 5/5 2005 (Disneyland opened in 1955 -so the date is significant), the buzz is that this attraction may have a soft opening sometime in March. So, those of you going in March or during spring break may have a chance to ride this attraction.

<center>
11450IMG_7113-med.JPG
</center>

For those of you who haven't been on the one in WDW. This is a dark ride where you board astro blasters. Two people to a car, and each person uses his/her blaster to shoot targets throughout the ride. At the end, you can compare scores to see who has the highest.

In addition to the guests riding the blaster, two people can play along on the Internet! There will be special targets that glow when an online player chooses it. If the guest blasts that target, then both the Disneyland guests and the online guests will earn points. Disneyland guests will get a certain rating based on their scores, and after the ride, they can email their scores along with a pic to family, friends, or themselves. High scores will be displayed for the day, week, and the all-time high score.

This attraction is located where the old Circlevision use to be, later the queue for the shortlived Rocket Rods, and across from Star Tours.

<center>
11450IMG_7112-med.JPG
</center>

I'm really looking forward to this attraction. Tomorrowland can certainly use more life, and I have a feeling it's going to be addictive as people try to improve their scores. :sunny:

Buzz is such a huge hit at WDW, it can only breathe alot of life into TL at DL. :D I will keep my fingers crossed that maybe I'll make it for the soft opening.

I'm with you G.G. -- We will be there April 5-9 and although I know we don't have much of a chance for a "sneak preview", I can still hope! This is one of my kids' favorite attractions @ WDW.

I'm looking so foward to this opening. I rode the one at WDW twice and though I got pathetically low scores, I can't wait for this to open. I want to improve on my scores!

I am so excited for this ride to open. I fell in love with it when I rode in at WDW. TL needed a new ride to pump it up some. Maybe I will get lucky and be able to ride it before the offical opening. Can't wait.

Oh I thought this was open for trials - they let Meg and I on it 2 times. We were asked if we wanted to give it a try and then we filled out a survey.
It was a 'blast' (no pun intended).

Oh yah, happy early april fools. Sorry couldn't resist. In a silly mood tonight.

<marquee><font color=deeppink>
smash.gif
smash.gif

Lollipop's Mom
smash.gif
</marquee>

<font color=navy>Okay - you got me on that one! :rolleyes:

Lollipop's Mom -- I'm going to have to call Super Nanny...that was very, very, naughty!

Man oh Man - You got me too, Lolli's Mom!
My eyes got big and my mouth opened :earseek:
Well, I have a three day trip confirmed for 2/3/05 - 2/6/05 but I think I may have to add at least a one day visit in late April to see if we can check out this new ride - Thanks MaryJo :D

I don't know if I'd call this ride "dark," at least in WDW. It's more kids-based and should be a lot of fun for younger boys.

Does this ride have height restrictions or is it one you can bring a baby on? Thanks!

<font color=navy> Dark Ride refers to the fact that it's indoors - like Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, etc.... :)

Thanks for pointing that out, though, dbanzai. This ride will be great for kids, and not scary at all.

imjen -- No height restrictions - it's a slow moving ride like the ones in Fantasyland.

I think it's a great addition to Tomorrowland!

YAHOO!! THis was a MAJOR selling point in the plan to talk my DH into our trip to DL this summer! I was so afraid I would find out that it wouldn't open until fall and I would have to tell him and he would say no to the trip! DD is sad that Space Mtn will open the weekend after we leave, but hopefully this will help!............P

This ride is sooooo much fun at WDW! Get a fastpass and then stand in line so you can go on it twice in a row; you will want to go at least twice each day you are there.
:earsgirl:

The good news I've read about this one is that since Tokyo is building one, DL was able to more closely mimic their version, which is why some are saying it is superior to the WDW version.

Certainly Tomorrowland needs a lot of work, and this should help. The main concern I still have is that there is still a lack of kinetic energy in this land, which is contrary to the way its designed. Hopefully that will be addressed in the not to distant future.

I'm definitely looking forward to riding this one. The WDW version could have been better, but is still a lot of fun.

is it one you can bring a baby on?
Like Mary Jo said, you can bring a baby, just like the Fantasyland rides. The only issue with that is it makes it harder to "blast" stuff, which is a big part of the ride (and of course the baby won't get anything out of the blasting part). But other than that, shouldn't be any problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter