New and going in Aug!

We will be in the World from August 1-10. Where are you staying?
we are staying at ASMo!! I am meeting a mommy I met 6 years ago on a board. We had our daughters at the same time!

The hottest I've been at Disney was actually one June. It was over 100 every day I as there.

August will be hot. Make sure you pack sunscreen. I usually wear tank tops however I take a couple t-shirts (or at least sleeve-less tops). That way if you do get sunburn the t-shirt will protect your shoulders from more sun.

Thanks!!
That is on my next things to do list!! Start packing!! ugh...that will be more work then planning:confused:

I also plan on at least 1/2 hour for buses. That is from when I leave a park until I get to my hotel. Timing depends on if a bus has just left the park or is in route. I don't remember any problems with the buses at ASMo, although at park closing they are crowded.

OK the packing begins:scared:
Here are some thoughts and ideas
-Pack all light colored clothing (the sun reflects off light and absorbs in darks)
-Pack at least 2 outfits per day (this way you can have fresh clothes for the evening, no funky B.O. smells):scared:
-SUNSCREEN make sure it is water/sweat proof:cool2: MAKE SURE YOU SCREEN YOUR EARS AND FEET
-Bring comfortable walking shoes and more than one pair, there is a good chance of rain every day
-Rain gear, you can buy ponchos @ WDW but for the same $ can can get much better ones @ walmart in the camping section. The ones @ WDW are short and will get your shorts wet where the ones @ walmart go down to your ankles.
-Fluids, we bring bottled water in to the parks

Now you can also try this (we are going to try it this year) you can pack lite and do some laundry.:laundy: I have never stayed at ASMo but the laundry is usually by the pool. With your kids being on the young side, I would recommend a trip back to the hotel for an afternoon nap and dip in the pool. Then head out for the even activities.pirate:

Have fun:rolleyes:

I'm a little different from most. I have the pertinent info, such as car rental info, hotel info, ticket info, and park hours. But I don't like to go by an itenirary. To me, that is not a vacation. I liketo do whatever it is me and my family feel like doing that day.

Ditto! I did not get park hoppers because I did not want our family of 5 running around and getting on the bus all day, so I have a list of our ADR's what park we will be at that day and what the EMH hours are. Other then that I like to do what ever it is we feel like at the time. If we don't see it all there is aways next time. ;)

Are you going to the BBB and 1900 in the same day?:eek: Is BBB, mickey's backyard BBq?

Yes we are. BBB is Bippity Boppity Boutique. I wanted my girls all dressed up to go eat dinner there. I hope we have enought time to go back and let them relax for a while before diner.

Too bad we'll miss you guys. We go down right after you get back (8/13-8/22). I would be interested in seeing how you made out. We'll have to check this post out after we come back.

Have your ordered your personal park maps from the disneyworld.com site? You can put in the rides you want to go on and the shows you want to see. They come with your name and favorites on it, but they also have other things you might want to see as well. My kids helped me do ours and they love to pull them out and try to plan our days. (we know what park for each day and if they have extra magic hours and if they are morning or night ). But for them it is cool because they are helping plan their vacation as well. (they are 8yrs old - DS and 4 almost 5 -DD). It's so cool!:goodvibes

Have your ordered your personal park maps from the disneyworld.com site? You can put in the rides you want to go on and the shows you want to see. They come with your name and favorites on it, but they also have other things you might want to see as well. My kids helped me do ours and they love to pull them out and try to plan our days. (we know what park for each day and if they have extra magic hours and if they are morning or night ). But for them it is cool because they are helping plan their vacation as well. (they are 8yrs old - DS and 4 almost 5 -DD). It's so cool!:goodvibes

Yes I have been looking into that!! I can't wait to get it though. It is getting so close!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter