New airline flying into TPA: Breeze Airways

NotUrsula

DIS Veteran
Founded by the same guy who came up with Jet Blue. It's focusing on underserved airports, mostly in the South, but not all of them, and TPA is their Florida base. Prices are great at the moment, but I'd advise buying trip insurance with any startup airline. (And remember that car rental prices are crazy high right now, so factor that in as well.)

www.flybreeze.com

Travel Insurance doesn't generally pay the cost of a ticket on another airline if Breeze cancels your flight. Financial default by a supplier is frequently excluded or coverage limited.

Credit card charge backs will help you if an airline goes under.

A lot of travelers think travel insurance covers far more then it does

Absolutely. Travel Insurance is waste of money. It will fail you when you try to collect.

Absolutely. Travel Insurance is waste of money. It will fail you when you try to collect.
Depends on what you want it to cover. I suggest reading the fine print of any travel insurance policy before you commit. Know what you want it to cover (lost bags? Booking a last minute fare on another carrier? Medical emergency?). Don't assume.

Depends on what you want it to cover. I suggest reading the fine print of any travel insurance policy before you commit. Know what you want it to cover (lost bags? Booking a last minute fare on another carrier? Medical emergency?). Don't assume.

You have to be a lawyer to read those policies. Even the lawyers can't agree what is covered after reading them. Best is just use the free travel insurance provided by the Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card. Plus you get free lounge access at the airport.

Route_Map.svg

Flights start at $39 each way.

The problem is people assume the policies cover more then they do. People don't read them. Some people think any policy is cancel for any reason,. They assume their doctor will furnish a note sufficient for a claim. Doesn't work that way. People traveling internationally might need travel insurance. Some health polices don't include international coverage. Cruises and tours frequently have substantial cancellation. penalties months in advance. A travel policy will cover those penalities if you need to cancel for a covered reason.

JMO but travel insurance makes little or no sense for a Disney vacation, guests from the US. People overestimate what travel insurance covers and underestimate what travel suppliers will do. Even Frontier will give you a full future credit if you cancel due to the death of a family member.

You have to be a lawyer to read those policies. Even the lawyers can't agree what is covered after reading them. Best is just use the free travel insurance provided by the Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card. Plus you get free lounge access at the airport.
I have CSR. The travel coverage is included. It's sufficient for many circumstances. The limits may be too low for some circumstances. Like any travel policy it covers far less then people think. I had to cancel a trip to WDW. It didn't cover my MVMCP tickets. The policy excludes all tickets including theater and sports. I bought the tickets from a third party. Disney eventually authorized a refund. Illustrates my point, travel insurance covers less then we think and companies make exceptions more then we think.

Travel polices shown on comparison sites are packages. People who really just need medical, including medical evacuation, should call and get a price for a medical only policy. You'll be surprised how much lower the premium is when you get rid of stuff like delayed baggage. Items that you can self-insure or maybe covered by an airline.

Looked at their website and Breeze won't even have their first flight until later this month. All kinds of things can go wrong with a start-up budget airline when the realities of the costs/overhead/etc. become apparent. All airlines have the high fixed cost of airplanes and make money when planes are filled to a certain capacity and making several revenue generating trips each day. No way to know if it will work out for them or if they will attract enough customers to be profitable.

I still wouldn't waste money on trip insurance. As many others have stated, policies tend to have a lot of limitations and they are running a business where they plan to take in more money then they payout. Many airlines have already have their own procedures if some unexpected circumstance causes you to not go on vacation.

We used AIG Travelguard years ago and they paid with no problem aftermy wife had to spend a few days in the hospital in Celebration. Change in air fare, extra hotel days plus the hospital copay. Their policies are quite clear in what is and is not covered and you can see it before you buy. Finally, you can buy different levels of coverage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter