Never wanted to visit Disney, now converted

eclipsedisney

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I am a new member to the DISBoards and a pretty new Disney Fan as well! I have always loved the movies but I never wanted to visit the parks. I always thought they would not be worth the money, too hot, and overly crowded. Finally, I let me wife talk me into going - one time - and now I am hooked! Disney really brings out the kid in everyone! We now are pass-holders and are planning our third trip in just a couple of weeks.

Wild4Walt

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the Bright side. And I agree with @CruisingEngineer - don't forget about the cruises.

• Summer2018

DIS Veteran
    I was the same way. I waited until I had a child before I would even consider going. We brought my DD when she was six because I felt obligated as a parent to bring her to WDW once.

Our one-and-done trip to WDW became the first of many. We have added Disneyland in California to our obsession.

CamilaGS

Camys - a WDW lover and Pottermaniac!
    Hi All,

I am a new member to the DISBoards and a pretty new Disney Fan as well! I have always loved the movies but I never wanted to visit the parks. I always thought they would not be worth the money, too hot, and overly crowded. Finally, I let me wife talk me into going - one time - and now I am hooked! Disney really brings out the kid in everyone! We now are pass-holders and are planning our third trip in just a couple of weeks.
    I absolutely know the feeling! I always thought WDW was a kiddie place, expensive and not worth it. I thought that if I made it, it would be a one time thing for my (future) kids and that´s all. When they opened Harry Potter land in Universal it made me want to go to Orlando and see it, my cousin and his fiancée invited me on their trip and I thought "well, we´ll be in Orlando, might as well go to Disney". Needless to say WDW got me way more hooked! It´s a magical place of fantasy and joy and I never know how much I needed that in my life... now I´m the crazy Disney fanatic in the family, always planning our next trip :crazy:

amg13

Earning My Ears
    Hi All,

Glad you loved it! Recently had my first trip in a long time and I'm re-addicted and can't wait to go back now. lol

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates