never been before.....(rookie)

ncdragon

Earning My Ears
My family and I were down at Disneyworld in August, 1999 but visited only the disney parks. We are planning on returning to Orlando over Christmas break 21-29 and visiting Universal / IOA, Seaworld, Kennedy Center and a variety of other places.

Can anyone give us hints on what to make sure we see and what we need to avoid? Planning on staying 1 week, already reserved at Tropical Palms Resort, Cirque Du Soleil and Medieval Times dinner. We are 2 adults, 16 yr old, 10 yr old. I am definately interested in saving money, but also having fun! :p THANKS!

Well, you came to the right place.

Take your time and read all the threads that have already been posted. Your question is to general to give you an exact answer on how to save money.

Welcome, ncdragon! :wave:

Anything and everything you need to know you can find on these boards. Ask any question you want you someone will be able to answer you.

Another great source is Kelly Monaghan's book "Universal Orlando: The Ultimate Guide" . It's an invaluable guide to any and everything you ever needed to know about USF. You can order one at his website http://www.theotherorlando.com/

And, for a great review of the Tropical Palms on my other board, Orlando Hotels and Attractions, CLICK HERE

Again, welcome and hang around!

Thanks Robinrs for the link to Tropical Palms. My sister recommended we stay there and it's great the know she has good taste! *L* I have ordered the Orlando guides and am looking forward to reading through them. I will definately hang around and get more information. I spent alot of time on these boards a couple of years ago before we went to WDW for the first time and what I learned greatly enhanced our vacation planning and made things extremely stress free. I welcome any hints or advise from other travelers.

I found the seaworld and IOA sites and shared them with my 10 yr old tonight. She is a wild ride fanatic and is jumping up and down in anticipation of the Kraken, Hulk and Dragon rides... (ohhhhh my achin back!! *L*)

:bounce:

You DD should really enjoy the coaster at IOA and Kraken at SW. They are great coasters. Kraken is my favorite coaster. I've not been on a lot of coasters but I have been to Cedar Point (considered by most the home of many of the best caosters), and Kraken is by far my favorite (for now anyway).

My DS is now 9 and had an absolute ball at IOA. Make sure you plan a full day for this park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter