Nescafe and Disney contract up for renewal

lucky_bunni

Live via Chromebook
Does anyone know when Disney will oust the terrible coffee provider and get something, anything, better? How long have they been serving the Nescafe brand? Did Walt by like a store house full of the stuff in the 50's and they are still serving it up or what? It just seems like they are really missing the mark on the coffee thing and could do oh so much better.

I agree. Wishing WDW and Starbucks could get together about a coffee deal.....

I think the problem isn't the brand but that in most locations they are basically using instant coffee.

Seeing as Nescafe is owned by major sponsor Coca Cola, I don't see a change happening unless something drastic happens on that front.

Originally posted by communicore
Seeing as Nescafe is owned by major sponsor Coca Cola, I don't see a change happening unless something drastic happens on that front.
That's incorrect information. Nescafé is not owned by Coca-Cola. Nescafé is owned by Nestlé, the Swiss-based, multinational food conglomerate, which sponsors The Land at Epcot.

Disney has had a long relationship with Nestlé brands, including Carnation and Stouffer's.

Nescafe is a Nestle brand, but it certainly appears in the list on the linked Coke site (but there is not "Brand Fact Sheet" to view).

Just guessing, it's possible that Coca-Cola does bottling and distribution for some type of bottled Nescafe cold coffee drink, and that is why it is on the Coke brand list.

[BTW, I had no idea that Nescafe was such a huge brand worldwide until doing a couple searches on the web prompted by this thread.]

Originally posted by DancingBear
Just guessing, it's possible that Coca-Cola does bottling and distribution for some type of bottled Nescafe cold coffee drink, and that is why it is on the Coke brand list.
That's exactly correct.

For example, in Thailand, Coca Cola sells a canned coffee drink called Nescafé Extra Rich. See http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/nr_20030520_thailand_nescafe_extrarich.html

Licensing agreements such as this allow Coca Cola and Nestlé to each leverage their strengths. Regardless of what some folks on this board may think of Nescafé, the brand enjoys significant worldwide name recognition and loyalty.

Nestlé and Coca-Cola are two entirely different companies. Again, Nescafé is not owned by Coca-Cola.

By the way, Swiss-based Nestlé S.A. is the world's largest food company.

Originally posted by Horace Horsecollar
Disney has had a long relationship with Nestlé brands, including Carnation and Stouffer's.

Heck, they can keep the Stouffer's food and Carnation Ice Cream, but the instant coffee has got to go!

I'm not sure Disney has had a Nestle deal for very long. Didn't they take over the Kraft sponsorship of the Land in the last 5 years? Didn't the Columbian Coffee Growers have the coffee contract up to early 2002? I'm afraid we may be at the beginning of a long contract with Nescafe.

Originally posted by gcurling
I'm not sure Disney has had a Nestle deal for very long. Didn't they take over the Kraft sponsorship of the Land in the last 5 years? Didn't the Columbian Coffee Growers have the coffee contract up to early 2002? I'm afraid we may be at the beginning of a long contract with Nescafe.

Yikes and yuck!!! What was Disney thinking, didn't they taste the stuff before they bought into it? Does ME drink Nescafe before coming into the office everyday? I can't imagine. Nestle must have been able to give Disney a whole lot more money to put their product in the parks than a real coffee company!

I believe that the machines which dispense the coffee such as those in the All Star resorts use a highly concentrated coffee syrup which is then mixed with hot water at the dispensing point. Techincally, I suppose it is instant coffee, but it isn't like the powdered stuff you might buy in the grocery store.

eww, wbk, and interesting. Thanks for that information, how did you know that. Sorry, I'm just so interesting in this coffee stuff because I used to work in a coffee shop and we made the real stuff... caps, lattes, and all!

Originally posted by Muffy
I agree. Wishing WDW and Starbucks could get together about a coffee deal.....
-----------------------

I'd settle for freshly brewed, high-test Folgers! Anything else chews holes in my stomach... :(

Foldger's would do, they just need ground and brewed coffee.. get rid of the instant wierd stuff!

You might write to Disney, I doubt posts here will do much good.:D I don't think Disney will change the stuff they are giving away for free (mug program) but maybe they could put better coffee in places where you pay per cup.

This makes me so glad I bought into DVC...I can bring my OWN coffee and brew it in the room!!!!!!!;)

pin

On the Disney Cruise ships you can get expresso, lattes and other coffee drinks but there are also the "coffee machines". Starbucks it ain't!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter