Nervous SSR purchaser

LucyLou&BobWho

Disney Freak
Hi All,

First time actually doing this and a bit nervous! You all seem to have been doing this for some time so bear with me please! We are actually buying at SSR and were very excited about it since we also have a trip planned for May 8, 04 for 7 nights. I am just worried about getting in then. Has anyone else ever run into problems? Are the folks at Member services helpful in guiding you when you make your first reservation? I hate being a novice at anything and since this involves quite a bit of funds on our part, I want to be reassured that this will be a wonderful experience. How has it been for all you folks?

Let me know.

Thanks.

You'll be able to make that reservation on December 1, 2003. Since only one building will be open then, there will be 46 villas available (it's really more like 66 since the 46 figure includes lock-off 2BR's).

You might want to let your guide know of your plans and he/she may be able to provide some extra assitance getting that 1st reservation at your new home! (Although, all new SSR members will be in the same situation- no other DVC members can call until February 4, 2004 for that time period.)

WELCOME HOME!!

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!
And before you know it, you will be an old pro at this, too.

The good thing about how they are doing SSR is that us buying now can book a room in Dec. and people with points at other resorts can't book them there yet until Jan. When we bought points at BCV we bought them in Sept. and wanted to go again in Jan. but never could get a reservation at BCV even though only a small percentage of the points at BCV had been sold - we had talked about wanting to go in Jan. when we bought the points and asked our guide to help and there was nothing our guide could do to help and no one at MS every offered any magic help or anything like that, so I wouldn't expect that. We ended up staying at boardwalk. Instead get the points now and book the room in December.

Oh yeah, Welcome Home - we are going to be neighbors.

IMHO I'm guessing May won't be as hard to book as June due to school. We are new owners at SSR and plan to go as soon as school is out for DD7 and DS4. Now that you mention it maybe I should be worried.....Plus I'm guessing since many DVC'ers SEEM to be compulsive planners like me I'm guessing those that have added on probably had already planned on using points at other resorts even though it may not be booked yet. I already have mapped out my stays for the next 2 - 3 years....Maybe I have a problem:p

Thanks alot guys! Didn't mean to make you anxious about it Stephanie, but I too am a compulsive planner (at least when it comes to vacations...he he). I just want smooth sailing, but you can't expect that all the time.

Thanks.
LucyLou&BobWho

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter