Nervous about resort choice...

I'm a Disney Deluxe girl and stayed at AoA last October.

I can say that there was nothing wrong with the hotel, our room was small but cute and clean. Housekeeping was excellent, as was every cast member there I encountered. I would do it again if I had too, but I'll never make a habit of it.

I looked at it this way, value Disney is better than no Disney.

We have stayed in the Sports a couple of times. It's fine, never had a problem. The pools are not as nice as the moderate or the deluxe but we never spend that much time in them anyway. My kids loved the characters in the courtyards and the theming. The GF was a little stuffy for me. This time we are staying at the CBR. Try to look at it as an adventure. I like moving around and trying new things. I would just give everyone a heads up so they are not disappointed with the pools when they get there. Have a great time!!!

ASSp is undergoing a refurbishment. All new carpeting, beds, paint etc. As a PP said, sometimes busses are shared other times not. I look at it as part of the adventure, are we turning left or right. Turning left, you are going directly to the park. Turning right, the bus is going to pick up people at the other resorts. ASSp is the first stop when shared. Buses have multiple stops at deluxe resorts, so it really isn't any different. My family stayed there in November and plan to return in August.

I have never stayed at ASsp or any value but I have seen many say they love ASsp. One bus stop and being 1st stop is a plus. Enjoy your trip.

I own DVC at both BWV and BLT...so obviously, I love the deluxes. BUT, having said that? I'm heading to WDW in 48 days, with my 19 y/o dd. And we are spending 4 nights at AS Music and then over to AoA-LM for 2 nights.
The values are fine. No, they don't have the beautiful theming the deluxe resorts do. They don't have the slides at the pools, or the table service restaurants. But really? So what. They are clean and a very good value....at least for WDW!
The walls aren't all that much different than any other resort. I have heard more from my next door neighbors at deluxe resorts than at value resorts! Yes, you hear people walking by your door, but I hear that at BWV as well.

You will enjoy your stay as long as you realize that you are staying at a value resort. Lower your expectations and you'll be fine. The buses are wonderful...much better than at the deluxe resorts!!! You have a food court..if you don't care for the one at Sports, take a walk next door to Music and see if you like theirs better. Or walk over to Movies. We're planning on visiting the other two values while we're at Music!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter