Nervous about ak food?

jaider111

Earning My Ears
Hello, I just booked our first disney vacay, and am so psyched. But....we're staying at kidani village animal kingdom, and the restaurants are all looking like I couldn't get my picky kids to eat one thing on the menus! We'll have alot of stuff in the room for snacks and such, but was hoping to 'grab' dinner at the resort a couple of nights........can anyone comment about 'picky' eaters and staying at animal kingdom villas? I know I should've looked into it before booking, but got a great deal, gorgeous one bedroom!!!
Thanks for any info!
Em

Honestly, my husband and son ate at Boma one morning because we had reservations, but my younger two were sick so we stayed in the room. And he brought lunch back from the Mara one night late when we decided we were still hungry, but of the 8 nights we were there, we only ate at resort those two times. Usually we grabbed a snack for breakfast and ate out at the parks. the one time we got food from the mara, my son ahd chicken nuggets and fries

You'll be fine. I have a very picky eater and he loved his choices at AKL. Boma has mac and cheese, chicken tenders, spaghetti...and Mara has mac and cheese, burgers, pizzas, fruit...If my DS can find something, anyone can! :goodvibes

I'm a very picky eater as well, and there was notthing at Sanaa I would eat and at Kidani the only other choice without getting on a bus is the pool bar.

We just drove to the mcdonald's instead. The Kidani isn't as convenient as the Jambo house -

We stayed at Kidani last year. Yes, a beautiful one bedroom! :cloud9: Boma is one of our favorite places to eat. It is a buffet and the kiddie bar is wonderful. You have to take the bus to Jambo house (or walk, its not too far) The bus stops at Kidani first so if you plan to go eat, you can take any of the resort buses to Jambo (except DTD). Mara has good eats too! Their soups are very nice. Enjoy your beautiful room at Kidani :thumbsup2.

My kids range from WAY picky to not at all and Boma is hands down one of everyone's favorites.

Enjoy and have fun!!

we stayed at akl and my ds is picky (dd will eat anything). he had no shortage of options, lol. i don't remember exactly what he ate but it was all the standard disney kids' menu fare, like pizza, chicken nuggets, fries, etc. the same stuff you'd get anywhere else at disney. we ate at boma twice, jiko once, and the mara almost every day and never had a problem. and he is waaaay whiney when it comes to food he doesn't like, so if he weren't happy, i would have known. ;)

Just came back yesterday after a week at WDW. We stayed at Boardwalk this trip but have stayed at AKL in the past with picky teens. BOMA is fabulous, there are so many choices that your kids should have no problems finding plenty to eat for breakfast or dinner! One of my favorite restaurants. Plenty in the Mara too!!

:dance3:

The food at AKL has all the standard "kid-friendly" things, like mac and cheese, burgers, pizza, etc. Just think of it as typical WDW food plus lots of interesting extra things you can choose from.

The Mara -- the QS place -- lots of choices
Boma -- buffet -- lots of salads, fruits, meats, mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, desserts
Jiko -- great restaurant -- My DD and I shared the filet with mac and cheese.;)

At Kindani it is only sit down unless you are ordering poolside, otherwise its a 10 minute walk or so to Jambo House where you can get a lot of kid-friendly stuff.

I knew I came to the right place! Thanks for all of your reassuring comments and info, feel alot better about eating at AK villas and lodge! Kids have NEVER been! (11,7,6 all girls) My 7 year old is absolutely Bananas!!! She is so excited she can't stand it, lol! Thanks again for the info!
Em
May 2010 AK Kidani village!:)

Hello, I just booked our first disney vacay, and am so psyched. But....we're staying at kidani village animal kingdom, and the restaurants are all looking like I couldn't get my picky kids to eat one thing on the menus! We'll have alot of stuff in the room for snacks and such, but was hoping to 'grab' dinner at the resort a couple of nights........can anyone comment about 'picky' eaters and staying at animal kingdom villas? I know I should've looked into it before booking, but got a great deal, gorgeous one bedroom!!!
Thanks for any info!
Em

Not sure of your sons age, but my ds was a young teen and we wound up not eating there at all, not even the counter service. He is picky and honestly I did not really look into the food before we left, it was kinda a fast trip....my ds had a difficult time finding things and thought the food was weird, not what he would eat and he didn't, UGH, but we ate elsewhere....
Its one of the reasons we actually would not return.(the other was that we found it very dark/dreary atmosphere and that was just our take, many love it....)....so not a place we'd return (though seeing the animals out our balcony was awesome..) sorry, I digress...........
If however, you have a small one, and they'll eat the "junk type/fast food type/quick" burger/fry/mac/cheese/stuff, you'll prob be okay, that seems to be everywhere. :lmao:
Have a great trip!!.

Thanks for any info!
Em

The food there looks incredible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter