Need waterpark tips!

englishteacha

Have courage and be kind.
We're going to Typhoon Lagoon! I know to bring sunblock and to wear watershoes, but I'm looking for some other tips. We've only been to small waterparks and usually bring nothing more than a car key with us and carry our towels. Our car is always so close by that we leave everything else there!

I think we probably will need to rent a locker for our car keys, and our WDW tickets, along with the sunblock and such. Would you bring a picnic lunch or buy there? Should I bring a waterproof camera? Do you put your towels in your locker or do you put them on a chair? Anything else I should know? Any precautionary tales? Thanks from a pale Mainer!

The biggest tip I can tell you about Typhoon Lagoon is the floor of the wave pool is ROUGH!!! Make sure you wear your water shoes and DO NOT get down on your knees or the wave will rip your knees apart. YES the wave pool is that strong!

I would bring only what you can fit in a locker. Unless someone is gonna stay with your stuff you really don't wanna be weighed down with anything. We just put everything in a locker and walk around with only our locker key. You can go back from time to time to reapply sunscreen.

We have been to the water parks several times and never rented a locker or had anything stolen. We bring a huge cooler on wheels with lots of light snacks and bring our re-usable re-fillable mug. You just need to buy a new bar code each day you visit. We don't eat "meals" there because we're too hot! Get there first thing in the morning and "mark" your spot. We wrap our towels around the back of 3 chairs for 5-7 of us. The younger kids bring small pails and shovels and the older kids love the wave pools and slides. I can't pick a favorite water park because they each off unique attractions. Have fun!:cool1:

If you're going to wear your sunglasses, then I suggest a retainer that can be tightened. My dh lost his good ones on a raft ride when a wave washed them off his head.

A waterproof case that you can wear around your neck is helpful to carry you cash or any cards (including photopass cards) so you don't have to run back to the locker ever time you want to buy something.

And if you plan to take your own photos, a waterproof camera (buy at home to avoid the high price at WDW). Olympus makes some nice underwater cameras, and Kodak just came out with play sport-a flip type video camera/digital camera that is good up to 10 ft underwater. I got one but have yet to use it.

We only put our clean clothes and our valuables in the locker, (wallet, cell phone)
we put towels, snacks, beach bag with sunscreen etc on a chair
We have never had anything stolen and never had anything moved
we like bringing our own towels but you can rent them there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter