Need vacation advice!

disneynut

Earning My Ears
We're trying to plan a week's vacation for the end of March. We want to go somewhere on the west coast of Florida (preferably far enough down to guarantee warm weather). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I would head to Ft. Myers. We were down there last April and it was really warm! They beaches are beautiful and you can drive to Naples, etc. so lots to do. If you are a golfer, DH is, there are tons of course....try Legends. That's where we stayed, in a family members condo and the course was beautiful and public.

Is this in reference to a DVC resort trade or just a general question about where to vacation? Sanibel Island is nice, there are trades available there with DVC, but it'll be hard at this late date. East coast I'd try for Vero Beach, it'll be the most effective use of your points, and the temperatures may be OK there by then.

I used to live in Clearwater and that area is beautiful! However, you may have some trouble during that time with spring break crowds. I doubt you could find a hotel anywhere near the beach with any room at this point. You may want to go further south to the Sarasota/Bradenton area or even down to Ft. Myers. Sanibel Island is in that area and is amazing, but a bit pricey. There's also the Crystal River area just north of Clearwater, but there aren't as many nice beaches. I wouldn't worry too much about weather - it should be nice anywhere on the coast, unless you're up in the panyhandle.

May I suggest:

The Sheraton Sand Key on Clearwater Beach-We were married there:D It is a very well run hotel, nice decor, etc. reasonable prices for what you get, we think. We checked in here after a vacation in VB years ago and fell in love with the place. The best rooms are ocean view/poolside rooms. Should be warm enough to do anything you want. There website is beachsand.com

Laplaya Resort in Naples-a little pricey

I don't think you should run into too much trouble in the Clearwater area because of the fact that Easter isn't until the last week of April, but I could be totally wrong.

I too used to live in Clearwater and anything from Clearwater south on the gulf coast is amazing.

I am partial to the Keys too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter