Need Trip Advise PLEASE! (airfare deals)

DVCsince02

LOVES CAKE
We leave in 47 days for WDW and I still haven't booked our airfare. This was a last minute trip, but now I'm getting nervous. In the past I have waited and gotten great deals as low as $47 pp one-way. Right now the lowest I see is $79 pp and up to $139 pp for preferred times.

We have a back up plan of driving, but with 2 small children and being pregnant, that isn't our preferred method.

Ugh! Any suggestions?:confused3

I don't think we're going to be seeing those kinds of fares anymore. As it is, the airlines are starting to charge for just about everything that used to be free. Next thing you know they'll be charging for lavatory use!!! Better to grab those $79 fares while you can. I would be thrilled if I could find a fare that cheap.

Have you tried AirTran? They had some $54 rates from BWI to MCO, but not at times we could use them. We're using the SW $74 rate you found.

Have you tried AirTran? They had some $54 rates from BWI to MCO, but not at times we could use them. We're using the SW $74 rate you found.

Actually, it the best rate today between PHL and MCO has been with USAir.

Oh, what to do, what to do......:confused3

We JUST YESTERDAY booked our airfare for 4/30 w/SWA at the 74 dollar one way rate. This is the closest I have ever waited to book because I was hoping for a ding of maybe $59? I was getting really scared about all the gas rate rumors and wanted to book, so I took the one we got and was happy.
You probably have a few more days to play with if you are a gambler.

BTW, I have been trying to talk my friend into The Amazing Race for years!
Can't wait for the new season!

We JUST YESTERDAY booked our airfare for 4/30 w/SWA at the 74 dollar one way rate. This is the closest I have ever waited to book because I was hoping for a ding of maybe $59? I was getting really scared about all the gas rate rumors and wanted to book, so I took the one we got and was happy.
You probably have a few more days to play with if you are a gambler.

BTW, I have been trying to talk my friend into The Amazing Race for years!
Can't wait for the new season!

I have been itching for a DING.... luckily I AM a gambler.

The Amazing Race is the best reality show ever!!:worship:

Ding is a program run by Southwest. They run incredible limited time, limited location specials.

You can sign up for DING at the Southwest website-- they'll notify you with a "ding" (of course) on your computer when the fares come out.

The catch is that they're unpredictable, last minute and they go fast, so you can't be sure that you'll get one to and from the right locations.

Keep in mind that the TREND is that flights go UP as you get closer to the flight date. That's why my ticket to BWI next week cost over $500. They know they have flyers like me who HAVE to go.... (and that was the "refundable discount fare LOL!")

Why should they give me a deal? I am stuck!

Oh, the drama of searching for airfare. I still see $79 down and am very tempted to book it...... :rolleyes:

You think good fares are few and far between for traveling up and down the east coast?? Try flying up and down the west coast! :scared1:

We have a group of 9 going to DLR later this year and a $20 difference per ticket isn't enough to make me even blink. If I get a cheaper price, we'll just spend more on souvies, lol.

Well it's a good think I'm a gambler. My airfare went down to $74pp, so I finally gave in and have tickets to MCO but nothing to come home yet.

DING ME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter