Need to win lottery!!!

nicola

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell<br><font color=gre
I don't know if anyone else is in same boat but I am seriously in need of a trip to DLP!! See, the problem with taking your summer visit in May is that come Aug when everyone else is heading off it becomes very depressing. Now I have booked to go Nov 26-Dec 2 but it just seems so far away!!! We are trying to sell our house at the moment to move to the country but it looks like we are going to get stuck in the middle of a nightmare bidding war for a house that we are in love with! I am so tempted to spend some of our savings for a weekend trip to the HOuse of MOuse to take our minds of it but that would be really silly (wouldn't it?) I am wondering how many times a year do you all go on average and what percentage of your earnings would you spend on vacations? Not being nosey just curious.

Our holiday was only July, but we could happily go back tomorrow if funds allowed.

I'd be tempted to concentrate on house, you can always go to DLP if the sale doesn't take too much of your savings :)

Reid

Reid the sensible side of me totally agrees with you!!

Nicola, we went to WDW in August 2002, then went to DLP Feb 2004, WDW Dec 04 and again in - 6 days' time! We are going to DLP again in Feb next year.

So no pattern at all, really :teeth:

Oh and holidays always come second place to living somewhere I am happy :)

Holidays only are for 2/3 weeks at a time - your house you live in 24/7.

We went for nine years with no holiday at all (anywhere!) as we were paying our mortgage. Now I am very happy we did this, but it was hard at the time so you have my absolute sympathy, Nicola :)

Thanks for the support Karen. We could go on plenty of holidays if we were to stay in our present house but we are not happy here and have always dreamed of living somewhere with a few acres. We now have that chance but you are right there will be sacrifices and many many years of a VERY large mortgage. I don't know if I could go for nine years though, that must of been tough but I am sure you are much better off for it now!

Miffy2003 said:
We went for nine years with no holiday at all (anywhere!) as we were paying our mortgage. Now I am very happy we did this, but it was hard at the time so you have my absolute sympathy, Nicola :)

I agree, it is so difficult when everyone else is talking about holidays and you are staying at home! We went for ELEVEN years without a holiday!!! Last one before we bought our house was Cyprus, Egypt and Israel in 1990, then all the money went on paying a mortgage and then adapting to surviving on one salary until 2001 when we went to Cornwall for a week! After eleven years without a holiday it was heaven on earth!!! Since then we did Cornwall again in 2002, Isle of Wight in 2003, WDW at Easter 2004, Isle of Wight in August 2004. Holidays we have planned are DLRP this month and this Christmas, then again in August 2006, and WDW for 3 weeks at Easter 2007, which will include either a 3-4 days trip to the Gulf Coast or a Disney Cruise, depending how the savings go! :rotfl:

I agree with Karen, you have to be happy with your house as you live there all the time. Luckily I am happy with my house and the sort of place I would like to live in will only be affordable if I win the lottery jackpot :rotfl: so we are now in a position to finally be able to afford holidays.

If I were you, I would go for the dream house, you already have a holiday booked for November, it will soon be here and like Reid said, if there is any money left over that can go towards another one next year. :goodvibes

Thank you Elaine for your support :love: . I am sitting here with tears in my eyes after reading it. I know I have said it before but what a special bunch of people on this board :grouphug: . I am so glad to have discovered the DIS. Thanks again and will keep you posted on the house thing, in the meantime I am looking forward to living vicariously through all of you so I'll be needing lots of trip reports to keep me going ;)

I agree, it's hard when you have to spend money on 'sensible things'. At the moment any DLP trip is on hold because I'm saving for a new computer, plus I need a new gas boiler and several vital things for the house. It's sooo frustrating!

Re: the title - don't we all!!

Couldn't agree more though, I am in desperate need of a trip to DLP, too! I haven't been for nearly four years! :( Granted, I went to WDW in 2003, but it's not the same for me. DLP holds so many more memories for me! :lovestruc

We've been to DLRP 4 times in the last 19 months - each trip being for 5 days. We were planning to again this November but have put it on hold for a year for a number of reasons:

Amber starts school in September and they have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to authorising any absence. I decided that I didn't want her to have unauthorised absence on her record in her first full term.

Emily was very shy and even frightened in July with the characters. As she's not likely to change that much in 4 months I think it's better to wait until she's that bit older.

Also, Amber is starting to take these holidays for granted. When she was playing up in July and I said something to her she replied that it didn't matter what she did as she would be back again at Christmas and could make up for it then.

I'd love to go again this year but I too am trying to be sensible and practical about it!

Joanne

Joanne UK said:
I'd love to go again this year but I too am trying to be sensible and practical about it!

Joanne

Sometimes it is very very hard to be sensible and practical isn't it!!! :rotfl:

Speaking with my sensible and practical hat on LOL, I think you have made the right decision. Next year will soon be here. :)

Hi everyone, Just wanted to say that I will be offline for a few weeks. We got the dream house in the country and I am very happy to say we are moving into it next Fri. I am going to be busy this week as our new Old English Sheepdog puppy of 7 weeks has arrived also. Will be looking forward to catching up on all the biz when I'm settled in :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Nicola, that's great news. :)
check in and let us know how you are getting on when you have settled in.

Reid

It sounds idyllic Nicola - your dream home and a gorgeous puppy too!! Hope everything goes really well and that you all settle in quickly and have many happy years there. Tell us all about it when you're sorted!!

Thanks guys :love: I will let you know all about it when settled in :flower:

Fantastic news Nicola, sounds like these are very exciting times for you and your family. Come back and tell us all about it as soon as you can!

How wonderful for you Nicola!!! :cheer2: Hope the move goes as smoothly as possible and you all enjoy your lovely new home. :goodvibes

Looking forward to your report!!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter