Need to find important bracelet. UPDATE - Found Bracelet

riu girl

DIS Veteran
My dad passed away on the weekend. We had a memorial service for him in his favourite place in the world (his backyard) last night. During the service my silver bracelet (that he bought for me while we in Mexico two years ago) fell off. I have searched everywhere and can't find it. Wondering if a metal detector could detect it?
If so, does anyone know where I could rent one in the Peterborough/lindsay area?

Thank you

First off I am very sorry for the loss of your Dad. :grouphug:

I have been googling and the best I came up with so far is:

Metal Detection Services
R.R. 4
1719 – 6th Line
Peterborough, Ontario K9J 6X5
Telephone: (705)652-0044
Fax: (705)652-6556
Internet: Pending
Email: sherlockjj@sympatico.ca

I am not sure really what this person does, but I would imagine he would at leadt have a better idea of whether you could rent one in the area. Some pixiedust: for you.

:grouphug:

I think your best bet is to check out the place the previous poster suggested or try the rental companies......ok just checked yellow pages....Came up with same place Metal Detection Services in Lakefield 652 0044 Good Luck

:grouphug: HUGS, Suzy. I can imagine the extra grief that this loss has made for you. Sending prayers :angel: and pixie dust pixiedust: that you find the bracelet quickly.

Oh Suzy :grouphug:
Peace, and a little pixie dust to find your treasured bracelet, my friend:hug:

:sunny:
Mary Beth

:grouphug: so sorry for your loss and I know loosing something so prescious makes it even worse.

I hope the places listed can help and you find your bracelet soon.

Sorry to hear about your dad :grouphug: Hope you find your bracelet.

Marilynn

Thanks everyone. My mind is toast right now. I never even thought to check google or the yellow pages.
I will call tomorrow.

Thanks again .

Oh Suzy ... I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending :grouphug: for you, your DH, your kids and the rest of your family.

pixiedust: that you find your bracelet soon.

Hugs ... Mary-Liz

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. And I hope you find the bracelet.

If renting a metal detector is not possible or not timely, the Source (formerly Radio Shack) has metal detectors that you can purchase (prices range all over the place). Perhaps you could give one of them a try if the metal detector company doesn't work out.

Good luck.

I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope you find your bracelet too. :grouphug:

My condolences to you and your family, Suzi. :grouphug:

Hope you had some luck finding your bracelet on the weekend.

Thank you for the kind words everyone.

My mom found the bracelet a few minutes ago. It was hanging in her dining room curtains. I could just cry, I am so relieved. DD was in the backyard and had gotten stuck on the swingset (she has poor gross motor planning skills). She was yelling for help and I had gone through these curtains and out the back patio door to help her out. The patio door is old and sticks and is covered with gauzy curtains. While opening the door, the bracelet must have gotten hung up in the curtains.

I know its strange but I just feel so much better now since the bracelet has been found. It won't bring dad (we called him poppa) back, but the bracelet and the whole holiday to Mexico meant so much to him and I. He had cancer during the vacation but we were so optimistic about it back then (Sept 2003).

I was with poppa when he passed away last weekend and he is now at peace. He suffered from prostrate, then bone and then brain cancer and endured so much pain in the last couple of years.

He is at peace now, and we are all going to be ok here.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

This may sound odd to may of you, but DIS is like my second family. :grouphug:

Sorry for your loss but very glad you found the bracelet.
Take care

Hugs
GrannyEv :sunny:

Fantastic news! :thumbsup2

Here's lots more :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: coming your way. I love your attitude and the DIS IS a great place. :goodvibes :sunny:

We are so glad you found it! My thoughts are with you. My brother passed at Christmas and I couldn't imagine lossing the necklace My DSIL gave me after he passed. Keep signed on to the DIS it helped me just to have something to do when DD's went to bed and DH and I would just read the boards together. It took our minds away from always missing him.
Judi

So happy that you found your bracelet...and in a place where you wouldn't expect to look :confused3 ...I hope you get the clasp tightened/fixed...it would be so sad if you lost it again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter