need some super comfy slippers...tell me what you wear!

cepmom

DIS Veteran
I am on the hunt for some really warm, comfy slippers to wear around the house. I have all hardwood floors and they are COLD in the winter! I bought some Ugg looking type slippers in the fall and they have stretched out to the point that they fall off my feet, causing me to trip several times a day:mad:.

I just ordered Lands End shearling scuff slippers, but the fit is just weird, so they are going back. I thought about LL Bean's "wicked good moccasins" but they have some mixed reviews on their website (and they are sold out at the moment too)

I'm looking for a shearling type slipper that will last more than one year. Any suggestions??

I absolutely LOVE my Ugg slippers. I've had them for several years now and they are the most comfortable, warmest slippers I've ever had. I also love the fact that they have hard soles and I have been known to wear them outside of the house on occasion. They are on the expensive side, but I think worth the $.

I absolutely LOVE my Ugg slippers. I've had them for several years now and they are the most comfortable, warmest slippers I've ever had. I also love the fact that they have hard soles and I have been known to wear them outside of the house on occasion. They are on the expensive side, but I think worth the $.
Me too. I bought them because they were on sale really reduced because they are blue camo. Really weird color combo but oh so comfortable. They will last for years.

I just bought Minnetonka moccasins last weekend and I'm in love with them. They're super comfy and warm.

I've always had good luck with Dearfoams - the fleece boot type. I'm on my 2nd or 3rd year with mine and they're holding up just fine.

I love my Ugg slippers! I've had them for many years, and they've held up quite well. They may be more expensive initially, but they last a long time.

Love my Ugg slippers! Worth every penny. I just replaced my first pair which lasted 3 or 4 years..........

My feet are always icy in the winter. I've been meaning to get some boot type slippers for times when my feet just won't warm up.

I lucked out this week at LLBean. I got these in pink for $13.99. They're awesome. :goodvibes Warm my feet up in minutes and have a nice bottom for traction and wear. (Looks like they don't have many left online, but may have some in stores.)

I've never ordered from LL Bean -- how do the slipper sizes run? I normally wear a 9 1/2 shoe.

My feet too get really cold -- in the past I've always gotten the dearfoams, but felt they didn't really keep my feet warm. This year in november, I got some mens slippers at Target, that suedish material with the fake shearling type lining in them - I think I got them for $14.99, normally they were 16.99. They do keep my feet warm, but frankly they're starting to smell pretty bad, and I'm not sure what to do to get rid of the odor. Unlike the old dearfoams, I can't throw them in the washing machine.

Saw this thread, and now I'm thinking of trying the LL Bean's or the Uggs. I absolutely live in slippers when I'm home.

I love the Wicked Good Clogs. They have a good sole, more like a shoe, so I don't find myself shuffling my feet and tripping like I did with more traditional slippers.

I have really bad feet and need slippers with some support. I bought a pair of Merrell slippers from a specialty shoe store and they are unbelievable! They keep my feet warm and happy. They have hard soles and I sometimes accidentally go out with them on, forgetting I'm in slippers! You can get them online I think. They cost around $100, but are well worth it!

I had the original type of ugg booty slippers from about 5 or 6 yrs ago and they were great, the new ones...I HATED. so much so that I threw them away. They were stiff and not that warm.

I have circulation issues in my feet and hands, so warmth is an issue with tile and wood floors in NY. My dh got me Red Wing brand suede and shearling slippers (they are the ones with the backs) and they are soo cozy and warm. Red Wing makes great products with amazing quality. They were about $50 and worth every penny.

All these votes for UGGS. wow.
I wear slippers all day when I am home. I hate being cold and even wear slippers in the summertime.
I have neuropathy and can't wear slip on type shoes or slippers because I can't feel them on my feet sometimes and will walk right out of them.
I bought a pair of black MENs slippers in Walmart for $7.99 and they are so comfortable. I wear size 8.5 woman's shoes and bought the small size 7-8 narrow and they are a little bigger but stay on great. They are a black fleece type fabric with rubber bottoms. they have what feels like temperpedic foam in the soles, when I walk on them they have great cushioning but puff up again later. And I have washed them in the washer and dryer 3 times since I got them in November. I have to get back there and grab a few more pairs before they elimate slippers in the summer.

My husband has had the "Wicked Good Mocs from LLBean for 3 Years now & he does everthing in them...even mowing the lawn. They held up very well and also
have a life time guarantee.... For a change, I bought him a pair of UGGS & he states they are a bit snug...not sure if I should go up a half a size as I think they will stretch when the fur wears in --- anyone have any advice?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter