Need some shoe help!

Tigpooh

Disney Fanatic!
I am sure I'll sound like a goof, but I need help! I'm not exactly "fashionable" as it is! I am planning on wearing a skirt each day we are there( I prefer to wear skirts), most likely jean skirts, around the knees. At home I would wear a jean skirt and black tights with knee high boots this time of year. I'm pretty sure my feet would grumble if I wear my boots to wdw, but tennis shoes would look silly in my opinion. Any suggestions on COMFY footwear that will look ok with my jean skirts and black tights? (I'm assuming I'll want tights for the cooler weather and to be covered up when riding in a skirt.) ;)

And your trip is in two days? Its never a good idea to wear brand new unworn shoes to WDW. Hello blister city. You better pack some blister band-aids too. Plus you have no time to tell if the shoes you chose will be comfortable enough to get through the day at WDW. I would suggest wearing a pair of Keds shoes or a pair black Sketchers shoes. Causal and comfy.

Last edited:
Thanks! Actually we leave Monday morning, but very soon. Normally I wear my old sketchers, but they are truly falling apart. Otherwise I wear my Crocs which seem like they would look truly goofy. . Definitely wishing I had thought of this sooner!

I don't have advice except I'd rather have goofy looking feet than painful feet... wear your comfortable shoes,it's not a fashion show... what about more of a 'footless leggings/socks/sneakers' look than tights and sneaker? it's easy and cheap to get footless legging type tights,pair with socks,and sneakers.

I'm not sure where you're from, but the forecast is predicting high 70s... I'd be ditching the tights. And agreeing with the others that looking goofy is way better than not being able to walk from blisters. I've ended up in a super cute dress with sport sandals and socks in desperation when my cute new shoes failed me.

Great advice! Thank you! About the leggings....I have some black, would black leggings, white socks and my broke down bluish gray sketchers look ok or should I invest in another color tights or socks? I know, I'm a goof.

I'm not sure where you're from, but the forecast is predicting high 70s... I'd be ditching the tights. And agreeing with the others that looking goofy is way better than not being able to walk from blisters. I've ended up in a super cute dress with sport sandals and socks in desperation when my cute new shoes failed me.
I had one trip to WDW, and my only comfortabe shoes were my Mickey Birkenstock sandals...and the weather dropped(it was COLD) I ended up with my tights,wool socks and sandals on in pictures! (with a skirt!)

Ditch the leggings and tights and buy little shorts (spandex or whatever) to wear under your skirts, though you shouldn't be too concerned about modesty...it would be difficult to flash someone in a Jean skirt that was at knee length.

I wore Sanuk sandals (the fabric ones), flip flops, and converse with my skirts and dresses at WDW. Maybe something like Skechers Go walk slip on shoes would work for you and even though they look dorky it would look better than sneakers.

While I prefer sundresses at home, I only wear shorts or capris with New Balance sneakers at WDW. That's a lot of walking for anything other than my most comfortable footwear.

I know it's a bit late, but for anyone else, I love my Teva sandals! We're going for almost two weeks this summer, so I'm going to have to find a pair of comfy tennis shoes, too. I've hear the Skechers Memory Foam are wonderful, so I might try out some of those pretty soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter