• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Route To The Port!!!

misseulalie

DIS Veteran
Hey locals!!!! How are we getting to the port tomorrow? Watching the news just now, roads are closed again. 50 and 520 are closed, 95 and the beachline are closed.

Ideas please!!

We live by UCF, so we know a lot of back roads. Just need a few ideas...

THANKS!!!!!!!

Hello there,
Assuming you are coming Orlando, you may have to jump on 192 and come all the way down to Melbourne Beach and cut accross A1A over to the Port - I know its a long way out of the way, but just maybe they will have the roads open by later on tonight.
I just spoke to my son and he said the smoke was pretty heavy, but they were out of danger from the fires. I would keep watching the news for I sincerely believe they will be opened before you head out.
good luck and if you need anything, just call the shop.
Always
Shirley

oh yuck, 192!!! (sorry Kissimmee residents! ;)

Maybe I'll pull out the map and see if there is anything more north. I live near Sanford, and I heard something about going through Sanford. There must be some backroads that can be taken. Other wise, my 30 minute drive to the port will end up being 1 1/2 hours!

Maybe I'll pull out the map and see if there is anything more north. I live near Sanford, and I heard something about going through Sanford. There must be some backroads that can be taken. Other wise, my 30 minute drive to the port will end up being 1 1/2 hours![/QUOTE]

You may want to try taking SR46 east out of Sanford to pick up 95 at Mims,then head south.

Jennifer
If 50 is open you can hit 417 to 50 and straight across.
But 50 has been closed on and off.
The only sure way is 192, although it will take a lot longer. We will really be close on time is we have to go that way. DH has a meeting so we cant leave early. I hope we all make it ok.

all 3 major routes have been closed on and off. Wish I knew which way the DCL buses were going???
They must have detour signs around there somewhere???

mom x4,grandma x4

Like someone else stated, 46 is always an option. It will bring you right out to US 1. If it comes down to it, be ready for a line of traffic. I live right off US 1 in Port St John and when they shut down 95 I'm pretty much stuck at home.

ok, someone else suggested 50 to US 1. Or is 50 closed after the 520 exit?
I missed the news tonight...

Ok 528 is closed this morning

50 is open, so we will be heading for that, hoping the traffic wont be too bad.
At least we are all in this together. DCL wont wait for us, but it will wait for it's buses and so that may give some people a little bigger window of time I hope. Buses from the airport will be running late because they cant go until the planes land witht he guests on board. No way to speed that up! They will be going 50 too, I',m sure since it is the closest to the airport.

Blow lots of pixie dust for all of us traveling today!!
I hope to see everyone at 3 as planned.

mom x4,grandma x4

as of right now - Hwy 528, hwy 407 which goes to Titusville, are all closed down and 95 may be closed this morning due to new fires - you can go 528 to 520 and take that accross to Cocoa, Merritt Island and into Cocoa Beach - if you are coming from the North - when able to jump on US1, that will take you right to Hwy 528 in Cocoa, jump on and head to the port. It will take longer, but they expect Hwy 528 and 417 to be closed for part of the day. That is the lastest news as of right now
Sorry I didn't have better news.
Always
Shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter