Need reservations to just get a drink @ resort restaurants?

waynesgirl

Maleficent is my hero!
My DH and I wanted to take the monorail and hit the Wave and O'hana's for a nice glass of wine or an adult beverage possibly during prime dining hours. Is this even possible? We kinda like to see the appeal and ambviance of a place before we eat there (planning ahead while we're on vacation:thumbsup2 is what we like to do).

We will be there in April
Any advice?

Ohana has a bar and lounge (Tambu Lounge). The bar is inside the restaurant while the lounge is right outside of it. We've ordered drinks before and sat in the lounge area. It's very relaxing. You can order some appetizer type food there as well. We had the sticky wings. Watching Wishes on the beach was one of our favorite things we did last trip! :thumbsup2 And you don't need a reservation to have drinks.

Here's a link to the lounge:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=300

DH and I were there in Oct of 09 and we did the same thing. We ordered drings from the bar and took them out on the beach to watch Wishes. It was great.

You know, there's a bar down on the beach too! I just remembered that. It's right next to the volcano pool and the beach is right there. You could get your drinks there and stroll the beach till Wishes begins.:goodvibes

:thumbsup2
What about Wave? We want to be able to really see the "busiest" staff and the crowd and such.

Is there a bar near the restaurant? Isn't there also one at the dock area?

I have dinner reservations just now at O'hana's so I am excited now!

We love the bar at the Wave. No ressies needed. You can see a little of the seating area, but not too awful much. It's sort of isolated from the dining rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter