• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Need quick, on the go, lo carb breakfast ideas!!

rbuzzotta

<font color=FF00CC>OKW until 2042<br><font color=t
We leave for US/IOA next Thursday night. My oldest DD is in a cheerleading competition on Sat. and Sun at IOA. It will be a very busy time for us. I will be getting her ready to compete (hair, makeup etc) while DH has my 2 younger DD's out and about!

I am so afraid I am going to mess up!! I have some Atkins bars but am afraid I will need something else. I was thinking of boiling some eggs and trying to bring them but am so afraid of the smell!! LOL!!

Any suggestions for lo carb breakfast on the run???? Thanks.....

If you keep the boiled eggs in the shells the smell isn't so bad! It's only bad once you peel them.

How about beef and cheese sticks? I usually keep some sticks of cheese in a little baggie for emergencies. :)

celery with cream cheese and/or natural peanut butter is good!

How about weighing up some snack bags of sunflower seeds, macadamia nuts and/or pecans? I put 1 or 2 ounces in a ziplok snack size bag and keep a bowl of these bags on our kitchen island. My husband grabs a low carb bar and a bag of nuts or seeds on his weigh out the door.

Individually packaged string cheese. If you could find some jerky made without sugar that would be good, or like Rhonda suggested, beef sticks or slim jims.

If you like Vienna Sausages those come in tiny cans and are easily taken in a suitcase and stored in a resort room, you would probably need to get some of those individual sized packets of mayo to take too, you know...always eat fat with your protein?

If you have a sweet tooth you might want to carry some 0 carb gummi bears or chocolate bars for emergencies ;) (not necessarily for breakfast).

Will you have a fridge?

If you have the little Ziploc brand disposable round containers, you could mix cottage cheese, crushed pecans and Splenda or DaVinci, and keep a few on hand to have one for breakfast.

Strawberries & cream, or blueberries & cream, makes a great breakfast/snack.

Or, try the EAS Carb Control shakes... the chocolate & vanilla are both VERY good. But they've got to be cold.

You could make some bran/flax (see the recipe thread) or Atkins muffins to take with you, and have one or two for breakfast.

Celery & cream cheese, spinach dip, peanut butter, cheese... all very good.

1/4 cup of walnuts makes a great breakfast or snack (and you can't beat those omega-3's!). Or almonds... they're pretty filling.

If you don't mind eating "other" stuff for breakfast, you could take the flavored tuna packets... they make a great addition to a salad, or are even good on their own. And, easy to carry with you... no draining, no mess.

You could take some Wasa crackers and sugar-free peanut butter (and Splenda!).

If you DO take sugar-free candies (especially gummy bears) with you... be VERY careful about how many you eat... too many and you certainly won't be "on the go" the way to want to be! ;)

Thanks for the great ideas!! I never would have thought about some of them!!!

Enjoy the cheerleading competition. My DD cheered for 10 years -- and we miss those days. The competitions were always loads of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter