• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

?need quick help re:priceline car rental..

Smee

DIS Veteran
Can I specify an in-terminal car rental company (don't want off terminal) only?

If so, how do I do that??

Many thanks!!:)

no you can't. you will get one of the 5 majors tho. Hertz,Alamo,Budget,Dollar or Avis. 2 are not on termial property. that would be hertz and alamo.

I've gotten Alamo and National. National was great. Alamo was terrible. Their pushy salespeople and their location just make the whole thing so stressful. I won't use Priceline anymore because I am afraid of getting Alamo. I got great codes at mousesavers. Minivan at Dollar in peak summer season for $209 per week. I know I would not get it that cheap at priceline, as I've tried. I get the message that says that my bid is below a level for a slim chance of getting a car. The Dollar codes that worked best for me were MCC and FISH. I was looking for a minivan. You may want to try the others for a different type of car.

Good luck.

We just rented a car for our June trip. We were looking for a mid-size for 8 days. The top companies were listed at $347 with fees & taxes. We got Avis (on site) for $209 total. Much better deal...

SusanD-

You mentioned that you just reserved a car for June and got a good rate. What codes did you use to get such a good rate? Have you ever used Avis before? Thanks for your help.

Poohbear2398

Poohbear,

I didn't use any codes. You just go to the Hotwire site www.hotwire.com and register. Then you tell them what city you want to rent a car, when you want to pick it up/drop it off, and what size you want. They come back with their best deals. You can either choose to take the price or not. The catch is that you don't know which company will be the provider. Once you accept they tell you the name of the company.

It went smoothly for us and we were happy with the outcome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter