Need opinions, best Downtown Disney area hotel?

mommyintn

DIS Veteran
We're planning a trip for November and would like to stay in this area, I'm leaning towards the Best Western LBV. Anyone have any favorites or the one's to stay away from? Thanks!

I just stayed at the BV Palace. It was very nice. They are renovating the whole hotel. We were lucky to get a new room, it was very comfortable. Great views!! We could see the Epcot & MK fireworks.
It was bought by Wyndham recently.
They have a lounge on the 27th floor that has stunning views of most of the Disney area.
the pools were nice too. You can easliy walk to DTD, it's right across teh street.

I am a travel agent and I highly recommend Hilton, Best Western or Double Tree. STAY AWAY from Grovsner. In one word...YUK!!

Have fun,
Winnie

BedKnobbery2 said:
The only DTD hotel we've stayed in is the Doubletree--we were VERY happy there! You can read my review about it here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1147399

The beds were superb, and the suites were very spacious!!

BK

Thanks for the review. My family will be staying there in August & I love to hear the good reviews. We were planning on driving to the parks & avoiding the buses, but we may give them a try. Thanks!

CPM said:
I just stayed at the BV Palace. It was very nice. They are renovating the whole hotel. We were lucky to get a new room, it was very comfortable. Great views!! We could see the Epcot & MK fireworks.
It was bought by Wyndham recently.
They have a lounge on the 27th floor that has stunning views of most of the Disney area.
the pools were nice too. You can easliy walk to DTD, it's right across teh street.
Hi Cheryl!

I will be at BP in November and h=hope that all the room renovations will be complete by then!

Is there still the free intenet place down by the side of the Watercress cafe? :cool1:

megpol said:
Hi Cheryl!
I will be at BP in November and h=hope that all the room renovations will be complete by then!
Is there still the free intenet place down by the side of the Watercress cafe? :cool1:

I did see it listed in with what the resort fee includes. I had my lap top, so I just used the free 30 minute phone call each day. You also get free fruit, magazines, rafts and CD players at the pool included.
I'm not sure when they will be done. They haven't started renovations in the island section yet. I actually liked that area better. My SIL had a room there. It was right next to the pool and self parking was closer. The rooms in the island also had small refridgerators, ours did not.
The advantage of being in the tower was the view, if you stay around long enough to see the fireworks from your balcony. Our room came to $100.00 a night which included taxes and resort fee, so I can't complain at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter