Need new couches - recommendations

zoo2tycoon

DIS Veteran
Our leather reclining sofas have seen their better days. They are Flexsteel.

Looking for recommendations- not sectional (we have sofa, loveseat and recliner). We’ve decided against doing leather as it didn’t wear well.

Does anybody have microfiber? Brand recommendations?

We bought our current set from Costco. It is a sectional with recliners and I think it's microfiber. I know you're not looking for a sectional, but I think they have standalone pieces as well. I loved the fact that they would stand behind the furniture, no questions asked.

We had an Ashley sofa set years ago and the cushions were flat within a year. Not recommended.

We also had a Lane leather sofa set. I guess it wasn't "real" leather but was "bonded" leather and it flaked apart within a year. Never again!

Hence Costco and their amazing policies were the way to go. We've had it over two years and absolutely no complaints. No idea what brand it is (probably some sort of house brand), but I would totally buy it again.

I bought a la-z-boy 2 1/2 years ago. It’s kind of a chenille fabric. The cushions are some sort of memory foam. I personally prefer the old fashioned foam cushions, but I think what I have now is pretty standard. You can see where I sit all the time. The fabric has held up but it is looking kind if mashed down. My last set was about 18 years old and held up great. I think it was Lane.

Looking for recommendations- not sectional (we have sofa, loveseat and recliner). We’ve decided against doing leather as it didn’t wear well.

I have a microfiber couch/loveseat. I am fine with them and find the set comfortable but my husband has already said our next set will be something else. His complaint is they are hot. We live in NYC where we rely on window unit A/C in summer, so maybe it wouldn’t be an issue with central A/C. We purchase the set from Raymore & Flanigan.

I have a microfiber couch/loveseat. I am fine with them and find the set comfortable but my husband has already said our next set will be something else. His complaint is they are hot. We live in NYC where we rely on window unit A/C in summer, so maybe it wouldn’t be an issue with central A/C. We purchase the set from Raymore & Flanigan.

I have a microfiber pull out couch that used to be part of a sectional - and I agree, it really retains heat. I'm not a huge fan of leather either so I don't know what my next one will be covered in.

I have a microfiber pull out couch that used to be part of a sectional - and I agree, it really retains heat. I'm not a huge fan of leather either so I don't know what my next one will be covered in.

😂😂 I don’t like leather either so I don’t know the next choice. Maybe bean bag chairs around the living room?

We have: an Ashley leather set that is now in my basement that was bought in the late 90's when Ashley made good furniture as the leather is still great and it was built very well but as with all coached the cushions (foam) started to become soft as we the cushions are not removable we replaced that with Microfiber about 5 years ago- the good is it is very cleanable the bad is it can show wear in spots that are used a lot like the arm rests never noticed the heat but we have central air no clue of the brand. Lastly we have a formal set from Broy Hill which we special ordered the fabric no clue what kind but the coaches and fabric all still look new 15 years later. Unless you are willing to spend big bucks on a higher end brand... go to places and see of solid the coaches are and how think the fabric is like most places there is crap and ok stuff... even Bobs has some decent made furniture but not in the styles people want..... Stay away from bonded leather and leather period unless you are willing to pay... Microfiber is cheap and functional and lasts but not like the old ones by any stretch.....

Are you opposed to getting Flexsteel again?

We have a Flexsteel sofa, chair and ottoman, purchase more than 16 years ago. Chenille fabric. Lifetime warranty on cushions. They replaced them for us a few years back. The furniture is still in excellent condition. I just wish it was gray instead of brown, now that gray is the in-style color.

We have a lazy boy sofa.. love it its wearing well...my only complaint it the microfiber it doesnt wash well... i have not taken the cover off but i tried to wipe a spot and now it looks worse. If i could do it again i would pic a diffrent fabric.

My experience with leather has been the opposite of yours: Ours has just started showing wear on the corners of the cushions ... and it's 20 years old. Ours came from Basset and was pretty expensive. Still, I'd buy an updated version of it again in a minute.

What I wouldn't buy again is a sleeper or built-in recliner (the aforementioned 20 year old sofa is neither ... but we have three sofa sets in three separate rooms). They're just so very , very heavy.

We bought an Ashley power recliner microfiber couch and matching recliner in January, so too soon to tell. They replaced a fabric couch that we had for 35 years! Cushions were going flat.....they were guaranteed for life, but alas, Sofa Factory went bankrupt years ago, so the warranty did us no good.

I will say one thing around here.........and in other cities in our area as we helped a friend buy a recliner Friday, fewer and fewer furniture stores actually have anything other than floor samples in stock. Be prepared to wait........in some cases 2 to 3 months.....for your items to be manufactured and shipped from China.

We have a microfiber couch from Boston Interiors and I’m amazed at how well it looks. When we have it cleaned from Stanley Steemer, the attendant is always amazed at how it looks brand new.

I have kashmira fabric on my flexsteel. I took the covers off a few weeks ago and put them in a commercial washer. They came out great. Went back on easily. When i bought my sofa and recliner I found the set I wanted then called every furniture dealer within about a 50 mile radius and pricEd the same set. I saved about $1000 by buying from the lowest dealer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter