Need list of restaurants around Windsor Palms and Windsor Hills

disneymomoftwins

disneymomoftwins
We have never stayed off site before, never even gotten outside of Disney gates once we arrived! Need to know restaurants around Windsor Palms and anything else you think would be of interest.
Thanks!!!

Eating Places updated Nov 2011
Family Restaurants within a 5 - 7 minute drive include:
Here's the updated list. We just got home on Nov 12th. These are within 5 - 7 minutes of Windsor Hills/Palms. Most of them would be west on 192 from the Old Lake Wilson intersection.
A few new ones have opened in the area:
Applebees , Miller's Ale House, Bahama Breeze, Longhorn Steakhouse, Sweet Tomatoes, Olive Garden : these are all in front of and across from the new Target at Orange Lake.
Angels Lobster Feast : not good IMHO
Black Angus Steakhouse: maybe still closed because of a fire (Nov '11)
Bob Evans
Perkins
IHOP
Burger King , McDonald's , Wendy's, Ci Ci's Pizza
Carrabba's
TGI Friday's
Giordano's
Chik-Fil-A
Cracker Barrel
Dairy Queen
Denny's
Golden Corral
Key W Cool's Oak Grill
Outback Steakhouse
Red Lobster
Wild Buffalo Wings (next to Red Lobster on FG Blvd)
Wild Side BBQ
Crabby Joes
Colorado House of Beef
Ponderosa :closed for renovations (Nov '11)
Shoney's
Probably a few others also.

Thanks so much for posting this. I just booked a house at Windsor Hills and wanted to start getting ideas of where to eat. This is perfect! :thumbsup2
Thanks Wanda :)

Black Angus Steakhouse: maybe still closed because of a fire (Nov '11)
I can confirm they were closed as of 01/02/2012
Right down the road from WH...when you take a right onto I-92 :surfweb:

There was a big gate around it thanking the Fire Dept for their help and promising they would be open soon.

We ate at Perkins on our last trip...see in my TR link 2012. Nice Family restaurant..good food and service. Very friendly.
We also went to Ponderosa and was way to expensive for what we got. Won't be back there.

I more appropriate question is what isn't around Windsor. Almost everything I love is right off 194. The only restaurant that I must visit is Don Pablos (which is off I-Drive). Since everyone on this board swears by Chili's in Orlando I'm going to try them there. Chili's is not so great here in St. Louis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter