need info on South Beach

deelam

DIS Veteran
I am considering switching from Atkins to south beach. Before I buy the book, I was wondering if anyone knew where I can find a breakdown of food that is allowed on each level. I just want to see if this diet is for me before I buy the book.

Deneen

I'm not sure if the link still works but try www.wovenwonder.com/southbeach.com - this site used to have all the phase 1 and phase 2 foods listed. If not, I have the listing on a Word doc that I can paste into a post. I mix South Beach and Atkins together and I love it! Hope to see you on the Beach soon!

I couldn't get the link to work. It would be great if you can post the listings. I'm really interested in how mixing Atkins and south Beach is working for you.

Deneen

I was goign through a very similar dilema with notknowing what to eat and I found this great little book by the author of The SOuth Beach Diet. It is the Good Eats Good Carbs Guide. It has all the phases in it and what you can eat and when. This book has been very helpful for me. Hope it helps you!! After one week on SOuth Beach, I am happy to say, I am six pounds lighter. Good luck!!!

Onward and Downward!!!

Liz

Whoops, I shouldn't have put the extra ".com" at the end of the link, I'm sorry. Thanks Terry for the correction.

I love mxing South Beach and Atkins together. This way I get to eat all the fruits and veggies I want, whole grain cereals, breads and rice plus the full fat foods like sausage, chicken wings, bacon and such with the added benefit of not having to count carbs, calories or fat. It is working for me and in addition to losing 86.5 pounds I've gone from a size 26 jeans to a size 12. My goal is to be a size 8 or 10, whichever feels more comfortable.

No problem, Lisa. I wanted to see the info as well and just played around a little. I just posted a bad link on the marathon training thread. Had an extra http:// in there. :blush: It's easy to add something extra when linking! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter