Need info on a summer visit to WDW

TmnsnMD

Mouseketeer
Anyone with any info on a summer visit to WDW would be great! We loved the time we spent in Oct/Nov, but it was kind of hard for DS and all the make up work from school. We would love to go back, but during off school time.

I understand it will be HOT, but any tips on how to beat the heat and still enjoy the parks would be a lot of help. We are looking at 2003, but things can change.

Thanks for all your help.

:jester:

Tips:

1. Stay at a Disney resort it pays off. Go to the parks early, Use the Early entrance for Disney resort guest. I know that this perk has been cut due to budgets but by next summer it might be back. Leave around lunch and go to a Disney resort for a meal, and then return to the hotel for nap or swim in the pool. Then return later in the evening (4pm) for dinner and more park time.

2. Get a spritzer fan bottle. They can be purchased at Walgreens/Walmart or in the park. Wear light colored clothing and a hat. Dont forget to use the SUNSCREEN. It is easy to get burned. Drink lots of water!!!!!! Freeze bottles if you can and take them to the park they are great.

3. Parks will be extremely busy. Intl tour groups such as the Brazilians flood WDW at this time of year and there is very much a cultural difference in their concept of lines and party size. So bring your patience. The water parks are extremley busy and often fill to capacity by late morning. So go early and stay or check after 3pm.

4. THe good news is parks usually have extended hours during the summer.

Have fun!

Any idea about when the Brazillian tours groups flood Disney? We were there one year in July and you could hardly MOVE. We're planning on going back this coming June. The 3rd thru the 9th in fact. Any chance we'll have come and gone by the time they arrive?

Our honeymoon was July 15 - we went the week after that a few years ago, and they were EVERYWHERE. We complained and got replacements for both of our 4day park hopper tickets. I will never go in July again - I don't know about June.
Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter