Need ideas for short vacation

disneymomoftwins

disneymomoftwins
We live in central Alabama and have 13 yr old boy/girl twins. We are going to WDW in October so we are going to take a short vacation this summer. We dont really like the beach and have been to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg several times. Does anyone have any suggestions for a 3 or 4 day vacation?

How bout Atlanta? There is a lot to do there, and you are close to Six Flags and Wild Adventures...

We visited Kentucky's Mammoth Caves over spring break. I was blown away when my kids said they liked it almost as much as Disney (maybe we need to get out more).

We live in central Alabama and have 13 yr old boy/girl twins. We are going to WDW in October so we are going to take a short vacation this summer. We dont really like the beach and have been to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg several times. Does anyone have any suggestions for a 3 or 4 day vacation?

Hey - I'm from northern AL.
I wish I was as close as you to the gulf - there would be no question where my short vacation would be!! :rotfl:

I was gonna suggest Atlanta too! Lots of fun things to do - for the kiddos and you and DH!!
Get a hotel next to MARTA and you got the whole city at your fingertips :goodvibes

Have you ever tried Callaway Gardens in Pine Mtn, Ga? They have family camps along with biking, a lake, boating, etc.

We went to Atlanta over Spring Break. We bought the City Pass and got admission to the aquarium, zoo, Fernbank Natural History Museum and World of Coke. It was a pretty good deal, I thought. We also went to a Braves game. We had a good time and it was fairly reasonable in cost. We stayed at a hotel with an Expedia special rate that had a full breakfast and free parking.

Atlanta sounds fun. I like the idea about riding Marta instead of driving anywhere. Atlanta traffic really makes me nervous!
Thanks!!

Ask your family for ideas. Sometimes it's nice to do a Stay-cation and go out to the latest showing of movies (there's quite a few great ones out this summer), sleep in, relax, and finally see some of the sites not so very far from home:hug:

I've always wanted to do a long weekend in Chattanooga.

Lots of nice places in North Georgia, also. We go down every year to Helen GA the first weekend in June for a Hot Air Balloon race. Great town with lots of parks around.

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter