Need Ideas for Romantic Getaway for May 24

tinkerbeth

Goin' back soon!!
Hello...

DH and I will have been married 5 years this year in April and we've never been away from ds3 overnight. So...we've (read: I've) decided that we should go away for the 24 for our anniversary and leave him with his Oma and Opa.

I need an idea that's different, (not Niagara Falls, thanks! :P) but not over the top expensive. We're in London and I'd be willing to drive about 4 hours but not much more. I'm not sure if we should stay in Canuckistan or go State-side. Any ideas??

Thanks! (DH thanks you too though he doesn't know it yet. :D)

Beth

How about TO? We have some lovely hotels at varying prices, you can take in some shows, and have some very romantic dinners. You can do some dancing, or some shopping, or just relax in your hotel. :love: There's also moonlight cruises around the islands.

By the way, we will also have been married 5 years this April. Isn't it great?

Kungaloosh!
Morticia.

Hey! Happy Anniversary to you too! Ours is April 22, what's yours? :)

I did think of TO...I lived there for about 7 years and DH and I lived there after we were married for a few years. We lived at Young and Eg and I thought it might be fun to stay at the Roehampton and just go to all the places we used to go...or alternately stay downtown somewhere posh and do late-night things you can't do with a kid in tow. I'd love to go to the Top of the Senator, or Yuk-Yuks... I kind of feel like i"m copping out on the planning if I pick TO b/c it's such an obvious choice but it would be fun.

Thanks again. I like the "Racoon City". That could be London too. :earboy2:

I secondTO.... loads to do there and plenty of hotels that you can go to and do nothing.

Congrats on the (almost) 5 yrs!!

I feel old...dh and I are hitting 14 yrs in June!! I really think I should plan a weekend away for our 15th..... hard to believe but since the kids have been born we haven't had a weekend away from them.....older ds will be 11 in June..... my excuse with little ds was his food allergies but I'm really starting to feel the need to get away!!

Ours is April 15. It seems like yesterday.

I thought it was really funny in the second Resident Evil movie when they made no attempt to disguise TO as Racoon City. And then, at the end, when TO (I mean Racoon City) gets nuked... somehow that really appealed to my somewhat twisted sense of humour.

I don't think you're copping out if you come here. if you limit yourself to 4 hours, this is a good choice. And we have so much stuff to do. Have you seen Harbourfront lately, after dark? Try Pier 4 for seafood, and then do a boat cruise. Last summer, they were also showing movies. And there's a marketplace, too.

Or there's clubs, or plays, or musicals... Or you can go for a walk along the beach.

After all, the 5th anniversary is special. We'll probably go away for a weekend ourselves...

Kungaloosh!
Morticia.

How about a DCL cruise? :boat: Is it just for the one day May 24 or could you may be able to sneak away for 3 days? If you are able to find some cheap flights to Orlando, then a 3 day Wonder cruise might be heavenly. :cloud9:

CC

If you haven't been back to TO for awhile then you should definitely do it! For our 10th my husband planned two nights there (we live near Brantford) as a surprise.

We had two nights at the Royal York, when to see Les Mis and a Harbour tour. It was amazing (especially since he did it all himself as I am the vacation planner in the house). We spent two days last summer with our kids in TO and stayed at the Sky Dome (were able to watch some of the Jays game from the bar), met some Canadian Idols who were staying there, and walked all through the city. We went up the CN tower, Ontario Place, my kids got to see many homeless people (which was an eye opener). It was a package deal where an attration, dinner and the hotel was all together,.

TO has so many package deals still from the SARS situation so you should be able to get a hotel, theatre or an attraction and dinner package for a good price. Check out toronto.com or toronto tourism for more info.

This year my husband and I are going to Vegas for a few days for our 17th anniversary (never been, don't plan on gambling too much, just going to get away and see the lights).

Have fun!

Thanks for all the ideas! I'm starting to think that a few days in TO are the way to go. I might check out a B&B for something a bit different. Or we could get a lake view from the Westin.... :cloud9: I love those heavenly beds. :)

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter