• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Need Hotel Advice

BattyMcDoon

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! I am in need of some hotel help. I have been to Disneyland twice before and I will be going with my boyfriend who has never been. I really want to make sure I make this the most pleasurable first experience possible for him.

I have previously stayed at the Candy Cane Inn in 2014 and Disney's Paradise Pier in 2016. I am considering Candy Cane Inn again because it is very affordable, close to the parks and has free breakfast. Is there anything that is as close and as affordable that I should look into as well? Maybe something with a tiny bit more room? We are only really planning on sleeping there so it doesn't need to be the fanciest thing in the world but like I said I would really like to make his first trip really great as he use to frequent WDW with his family when he was younger.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Fairfield Inn is a Marriott. Still motel styling, but I like the Disney themed rooms. Quick walk to Harbor side entrance too.

The Best Western Park PLace Inn and suites is RIGHT across the street, has larger rooms, free breakfast and they just renovated all their rooms. A family suite there is less than a premium room at the CCI.

CHeck it out. If the website says booked then call directly. Oftentimes their website says booked when they do indeed have availability.

I would check out Alpine Inn. Motel type with free limited breakfast, free parking, and fridge/micro. Very walkable with good rates. Simple but very clean.

We're huge Park Vue Inn people. Right across the street from the pedestrian entrance. Rooms have recently been updated over the last 5 years. I feel like the rooms are a fair size. Great customer service. Hot items at breakfast that change daily. Comfy beds, comfy linen, big towels (hubby and I are chunky, so we REALLY appreciate bigger towels!). Very clean grounds. Pool is in the parking lot, but surrounded by a brick and vine-covered-fence wall, so it doesn't feel as exposed when we take an after-park dip in the hot tub. Usually around $150-200/night. If you are interested, they also have a king room with jacuzzi that is a larger room, at the end of the building so it's a little quieter.

We're huge Park Vue Inn people. Right across the street from the pedestrian entrance. Rooms have recently been updated over the last 5 years. I feel like the rooms are a fair size. Great customer service. Hot items at breakfast that change daily. Comfy beds, comfy linen, big towels (hubby and I are chunky, so we REALLY appreciate bigger towels!). Very clean grounds. Pool is in the parking lot, but surrounded by a brick and vine-covered-fence wall, so it doesn't feel as exposed when we take an after-park dip in the hot tub. Usually around $150-200/night. If you are interested, they also have a king room with jacuzzi that is a larger room, at the end of the building so it's a little quieter.
When I priced out for September, they were charging $169/night without tax for a standard room! Hyatt House, Hojo, CCI, and a multitude of other hotels in the area were much cheaper. I think the good reputation has gone to their heads. :)

The Best Western Park PLace Inn and suites is RIGHT across the street, has larger rooms, free breakfast and they just renovated all their rooms. A family suite there is less than a premium room at the CCI.

CHeck it out. If the website says booked then call directly. Oftentimes their website says booked when they do indeed have availability.

Agree! We loved the Best Western Park Place Inn. Nice, big, clean room. A very good breakfast. About as close to the Harbor entrance as you can get. If you have AAA, the offer a nice discount.

When I priced out for September, they were charging $169/night without tax for a standard room! Hyatt House, Hojo, CCI, and a multitude of other hotels in the area were much cheaper. I think the good reputation has gone to their heads. :)
Their rates are cheaper when you call, generally.

Just made reservations at Best a Western Park Place! This is my first time here. It looks to be one of the closet off sight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter