Need HH restaurant suggestions!!

Tanya

Mouseketeer
Hello - I try to plan in advance. The family is doing a HH trip in May. Any suggestions on restaurants? - I went there like 4 years ago for a short period of time so I really don't remember the places we went to.

Thanks!!!!

You'll probably get more answers on the DVC board as many of the DVC memebrs are regulars at HH. IMHO the best dining option if you're using DVC accommodation is Chef Gordon's "A Private Affair" where Chef Gordon prepares a private meal for just your group at the Beach house. It's strongly recommended to book as soon as possible because this does get booked up quickly. Cost is $150 for up to three people and then $50 a head for more than 3 people. This is 3 courses and includes wine. Gordon has a suggested menu he'll email to you for you to select from, but he'll do pretty much anything you want. I think he need 3 or 4 days notice to plan the menu, I had lots of fun talking things over with him.

For restaurants I liked the Old Oyster Factory best, try to be there for sundown when there is a spectacular view out over the waterway.

We really enjoyed:

Kurama - great early bird
Wild Wing Cafe
Cracker Barrel - great breakfast
Sea Shack - hole in the wall, but great reasonable seafood

Hilton Head Island has some of the best eating around. You can find every type of cusine from around the world. My suggestion is to stick with the local places and skip the chains. It is neat to see so many triving local owned places. Everyone on the DVC board will say Old Oyster Factory. I am not a fan of the place. The view is great, but the food is expensive (but good) It is very busy place that can have long waits. It is a popular place, it is just too busy for my families taste. We like to go to places that have Early bird dinning. We can have a full $30 or $40 meal for $12-$18. Patio dinning is really nice down there. Some places sit on the water or a marina full of large boats. You can ask for a dinning guide when you check in that will give you names of places with discriptions and menus. Here is some of what we like.

San Miguels--mexican on the marina live music
Alexanders- steak, and sea with patio on the river. Early bird
Guiseppies Pizza- they deliver too.
Eugenes-waterfront dinning-early bird

We go to Disney's HHI about twice a year. these are not to miss for us. We also try 1 or 2 new places each trip. Have a great time.

Places we've been and enjoyed:
Captain's Seafood
Hofsbrau
It's Greek to Me

Places we haven't been, but heard good reports:
Hudson House
Scott's Fish Market
The Jazz Company

Places we've been, once was enough:
Kingfisher
Hilton Head Diner (food's good, but place not too clean, we thought)

The Old Oyster House is our favorite!!! Great atmosphere, and not to expensive (at least for HH!). Definitely STAY AWAY from the Kingfisher; food was barely warm and server almost nonexistent. Guiseppe's Pizza down the road is great for a light dinner, and Scott's Fish Market is fantastic (try the grouper!)

Have a great time!

Thank you everyone.... I wrote everything down and we will look everything over.

Vernon -- I think I will also place it on the DVC board.... Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter