Need Helps from those who know the Bible well!

Flyfly_Eclipse

<font color=green>Manager of the DISBoard Ghostbus
Tomorrow I'm doing a debate...and I need help (yeah, I know...last minute!!!!). The debate is about gay adoption, and I was chosen (doesn't mean I believe it or not) to be on the side of being AGAINST the adoption. I know there are verses that are against homosexuality, and was wondering if any of you could help me find some of those, so I can have some reference!!

TIA!!!!! :wave:

I know someone who was just talking about this not too long ago.

Here are the verses she referenced:

I Corinthians 6:9
I Timothy 1:5-11
Leviticus 18:19-24

I really have no idea what these verses say, but I hope they help.

Here's two more:

Leviticus 20:13
Romans 1:26

Remember St. Joseph (remember him- Jesus's dad on earth) is the patron saint of adoption! If having an adopted father is good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for the rest of us!

Romans 1 is really good. How about adding Judges 19:22, and Genesis 19:5 ff.

Gen 19:5-8
5 They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof."

1 Cor 6:9

9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

Judg 19:22-23

22 While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, "Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him."

23 The owner of the house went outside and said to them, "No, my friends, don't be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don't do this disgraceful thing.
(from New International Version)

Rom 1:26-27
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
KJV (Don't mean to offend, simply quoting the Scriptures like the above poster requested).

Don't know if you want to use sources apart from Biblical ones, but there is an interesting discussion and link to an article on the Debate board that looks at the changes in culture when homsexuality is sanctioned. This may be something to consider.

Am I reading this right - Lot said, "Don't be with a man. Take my daughters"? WTH!!:confused: Yeah, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

TigerBear, just for clarification, Lot was not a particularly Godly man in numerous respects.

Ead79 - I do remember that. So why should his beliefs hold ANY weight? I'm not trying to start a debate...I just find this so fascinating.

Edited to add: Good luck today on the debate!!

It may be too late to post this, but if you are not well versed (all puns intended) in the Bible and you pull out quotes from it, you will probably get eaten alive in a debate.

Try to find some statistics and studies that show how much better it is for kids to be in two parent households, or more importantly, need the influence of a mother AND father.

www.family.org may be able to help.

Claire, I agree with alabamaalan... biblical scripture can be taken out of text and the world knows how to make them stand for anything they want them to stand for.

Was it a requirement to use religion or was it your choice. Anyway, let us know how it worked out!

Thanks everyone! The debate worked very well, actually. I had other references in addition to the verses (I have read the bible, and all...but couldn't think of the actual verses).
Thanks again!!!!

Just a shortened version of why Lot would offer his daughters instead of the men. In the culture of that time, when someone entertained guests (as these angels were) the host was also to go to whatever means he could to protect his guests. Though Lot wasn't a particularly Godly man, he understood that the concept of homosexuality was wicked. Afterall, he was the nephew of Abraham and had traveled and lived with him many years. Hence, he offered his daughters. It was simply offered to save his guests. Not saying that was right; that's just what he did. God did destroy the city right after this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter