• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help

Bobrow

Mouseketeer
I need everyones help here! We will be leaving for WDW in less than 2 weeks. We are staying at BC concierge. My just turned 7 yr old broke his leg today and will be in a full cast. I refuse to give up my trip ,I know we can work around it. I would like to use a wheelchair in the parks as he will never manage crutches all day. Should i call the concierge and see if they can arrange a wheelchair for us when we get there? Has anyone experienced this? Will it ruin the vacation? About 4 years ago my #2 son broke his leg a week before we went on vacation and i had them put one of those casts that can get wet,fibrglass with gortex lining. He was able to go in pools but not sea water. We found this other thing for that.It looked like a big rubber boot and you sucked the air out of it and he went in the ocean,so I think we can work around it.Any advice would truelly be appreciated.Thanks

Contact the BC Concierge, and let them know what happened. I'm sure that they'll have some sort of suggestion for you, and if you copy your post over to the DISabilities board- they will probably give the website of assistance equipment.

I saw one posted the other night that actually would drop the item at your hotel of choice and pick it up there when you were ready to leave.

Good luck, and I hope you have a great vacation!!!

Sorry to hear that your son broke his leg :( You can get some great advice about wheel chairs and touring the parks with a broken leg on our DISabilities board too. You will find it <b>HERE</b>

We rented one from the place listed on the DIS abilities board. They even delievered it to the hotel. Was much nicer than the ones at the parks, and we always had it. Good luck and sorry this happened :(

Thanks for concerns. The BC concierge has arranged for wheelchair to be delivered at the hotel. i believe it will be a childs size which is grat. So far they have been very helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter