need help with wording for child's birthday party invitation

tarheel618

DIS Veteran
I am having a birthday party for my daughter at a local movie theater and she is inviting the girls from her gymnastics team. Ages range from 8-10. My plan is for parents to drop off at 11:00 and pick up at 2:30 at the movie theater. I plan on paying for all the children invited to the party (there are 15 girls) but I do not want to pay for parents who decide they want to stay for the movie. I feel that the girls are old enough that a parent can drop them off and pick them up at a later time.

The price includes movie pass, popcorn/drink snack pack, and I will be supplying the cake for the party room.

Can you help me word the invitation?

I would just put "drop off at 11am and pick up at 2:30pm" in the time section of the invitation.

:) What about Mom and Dad please drop off your daughter at 11:00 and pick up at 2:00. Or just word the invitation "Admit ONE...." :thumbsup2

I would just put "drop off at 11am and pick up at 2:30pm" in the time section of the invitation.

Could I add "cost covered for the invitee"? I have two girls who have siblings and I am going to include them on the invites (they are included in the original count)

Here is what I am thinking 'drop off at 11:00 am and pick up at 2:30 pm, admission and snack covered for invitee' Tacky?

I do know some of the parents, there are a few that have a hard time leaving their child alone and I don't want it to be an awkward situation but I can't afford to pay for 15 parents as well.

Thanks for all the input

My daughter also had a movie birthday party last year and we ran into the same problem. Unfortunately, the invitations were pretty small (they were like pretend movie tickets) so I added a short note in the envelope:

Movie starts at 4:00pm. (You could put drop off and pick up times so the parents know to drop off)
Movie ticket, Kid's Pack (popcorn, drink, and fruit snacks), and cake will be provided for each party-goer.
We will have plenty adults to help with the kids,
so feel free to drop your child off -
or if you’d like to stay, adult movie tickets can be purchased for $10.

That might even be "nicer" than you want - I did have a couple parents who decided to stay and they paid for their own tickets - but if include the cost for them, I think that's pretty clear that they're on their own. Fortunately, we didn't have any sibling issues.

:thumbsup2 Thank you! I wanted something that would be clear that I don't mind extra people staying but they paid their own way.

My daughter also had a movie birthday party last year and we ran into the same problem. Unfortunately, the invitations were pretty small (they were like pretend movie tickets) so I added a short note in the envelope:

Movie starts at 4:00pm.
Movie ticket, Kid's Pack (popcorn, drink, and fruit snacks), and cake will be provided for each party-goer.
We will have plenty adults to help with the kids,
or if you’d like to stay, adult movie tickets can be purchased for $10.

That might even be "nicer" than you want - I did have a couple parents who decided to stay and they paid for their own tickets - but if include the cost for them, I think that's pretty clear that they're on their own. Fortunately, we didn't have any sibling issues.

I think the way its worded above would be fine. Any parent who wants to stay should purchase their own tickets. It would be odd for them to expect you to pay for an adult ticket when its a childs party. Have a great time.

Thanks everyone! I made a photo card tonight at Snapfish. I had taken a picture of my daughter with Meredith last month while at Disney. I pick them up tomorrow to hand out at the gym on Friday. I included the picture and worded it like this

Be “BRAVE” and come celebrate XXXX’s 10th birthday!

Where & When: XXXXXXXX on Saturday,
June 23, 2012

Time: Drop off at 11:00 am and pick up at 2:30 pm

RSVP: XXXX @ XXX-XXXX by Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Movie ticket, Kid's Pack ( popcorn, drink, fruit
snacks ) and cake will be provided for each party-goer.
We will have plenty of adults to help with the kids,
or if you’d like to stay, adult movie tickets can be
purchased for $10.

We're going to have a magical time!

Thanks everyone! I made a photo card tonight at Snapfish. I had taken a picture of my daughter with Meredith last month while at Disney. I pick them up tomorrow to hand out at the gym on Friday. I included the picture and worded it like this

Be “BRAVE” and come celebrate XXXX’s 10th birthday!

Where & When: XXXXXXXX on Saturday,
June 23, 2012

Time: Drop off at 11:00 am and pick up at 2:30 pm

RSVP: XXXX @ XXX-XXXX by Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Movie ticket, Kid's Pack ( popcorn, drink, fruit
snacks ) and cake will be provided for each party-goer.
We will have plenty of adults to help with the kids,
or if you’d like to stay, adult movie tickets can be
purchased for $10.

We're going to have a magical time!

Sounds perfect! Very well written ;)

Don't quote me on that adult ticket price - our movie time was late and didn't qualify for the matinee deal and our theater seems expensive anyway! Your adult tickets might be a little cheaper.

The invitations sound like they're going to be really cute and it sounds like a fun party! Have fun!

The wording on that invitation is perfect. But one thing you might want to check on.
Isn't that opening day for Brave? if so you might want to buy tickets in advance to make sure the show issn't sold out. Also, send someone like your hubby or good friend in with some ribbon or coats to cover a group of seats so that you can make sure your group is all together. If they are sold out and you are out in the lobby waiting for the girls to arrive you might not get the best seats without some planning.

The movie theater saves the seats for the party. I have to let them know how many are attending at few days before.

I did put $10 on the invitation. I think the actual price was 8.50 but I didn't want to take the chance that it would be that exact amount so i gave a rough estimate. I would rather be a little higher than to be to low.

If someone decides to stay, It will be pleasant surprise that its a few dollars cheaper.

My goal was to let everyone know in advance that I would only be paying for the girls. I wanted to invite all the girls from the team, so that no one felt left out since she would be handing out the invitations at the gym. I know some of the parents well and others I don't know very well, so I didn't want them to be surprised that they would be expected to cover their own way.

I do appreciate all the help.

Sounds like you have it worded just fine. As a mom I would never expect my cost to be covered.

I did stay for a movie party once, paid for my own ticket and actually sat behind the party. My daughter is in kindergarten and I didn't feel comfortable leaving her as I didn't know the parents well. Now if she was 10 I don't think I would have an issue leaving her - although I REALLY want to see Brave too!

Most 10 year olds would be embarrassed if their mom wanted to stay anyway!

I would love some suggestions from you guys for wording too! My dd is having her 10th birthday and we're seeing Ice Age 4 (in August). She would love to have a Brave party but it just didn't fit with her birthday.

Any suggestions for wording?

I've done this.

Our movie theater is in a huge mall, so I worded the invitation something like this: Please drop off your daughter on the right-hand side of the theater at 2:00, and please be back from your shopping by 4:30 for pick-up in the same spot.

Also, I can buy movie tickets through my husband's rec association for $5, so I said something to the effect of, "I'm purchasing advanced tickets, so ___ is the absolute last day to RSVP." I didn't bother to mention that I usually have a couple of these tickets in my coupon drawer, but people really did RSVP. They seemed to understand the concept of buying tickets ahead of time, whereas they don't seem to care in other circumstances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter