Need Help with Resorts and Weather ?'s

disneypoor

DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey!
DVC Gold
Hi, there! We are doing a 7 night cruise on the Magic over Thanksgiving week. The airline we are flying changed our flight time, so we are now planning to go to MK before leaving on the cruise.

I'm having a hard time choosing a resort. My DH says to stay at a value. We've stayed at All-Star Movies before. We've also stayed at POR. We liked both of them. I've been looking at the deluxe resorts as well because I wanted to stay at one with the monorail so we could easily get to MK.

Anyhow, POFQ has been recommended to us as well as Wilderness Lodge. I keep looking at the site for Contemporary because of the monorail. Could I get some input from some of you park experts about which resort to stay at? Should I spend the extra money for the deluxe and if so, should I stay at one with the monorail?

We'll be arriving on Friday, Nov. 21st by about noon. We have tickets to the MVMCP that evening. I was planning to relax at our resort for the afternoon. Will the pools be too chilly to swim in at that time of year?

TIA for any tips or advice! It's greatly appreciated!:goodvibes

We'll be there at that time too, so I'd love to know about the pool!

We always stay at a value. I just can't make myself pay all that extra money for accomodations when the values are perfectly fine for us. We have kids, and all we do there is swim and sleep anyway. If you're going to spend a lot of time in your resort, I'd go for a moderate or deluxe. If you don't have kids, you may get annoyed at a Value, because kids are everywhere. If you do choose to stay in a value though, I'd recommend Pop over the AllStars!

Have a great trip!

For one night.. I'd say do a value.....Its not worth the extra money for just one night especially if you plan on laying around the pool.. You can enter the parks at 4pm for MVMCP and spend the extra cash on souviners for the kiddos.:santa: :santa: :santa:

OH and it should be warm enough to swim midday.....

Thank you for your replies! Is there a value resort with a better transportation system than the others? Do they all share the same buses? TIA!

POP is the only value resort thats does'nt share buses... they usually are pretty crowded though....:)

We really love WL. :lovestruc It is a deluxe hotel but more affordable because it is not on the monorail. It uses a boat to get to MK. The pool is heated as are all pools in Disney. Our kids swam in Dec (at night!) at WL - steam was rising off the pool water! It is cold though when you get out! :eek: Have a wonderful cruise!!

Pop has their own bus system, the All Stars share. I'd definetly choose Pop! We've gone in the summer, right in the middle of busy season, but we still had great bus service there!

We really love WL. :lovestruc It is a deluxe hotel but more affordable because it is not on the monorail. It uses a boat to get to MK. The pool is heated as are all pools in Disney. Our kids swam in Dec (at night!) at WL - steam was rising off the pool water! It is cold though when you get out! :eek: Have a wonderful cruise!!
I have heard fabulous things about this resort! Does it take long to use the boat to get to MK?

I have heard fabulous things about this resort! Does it take long to use the boat to get to MK?

The boat ride is approx 10 minutes or so and we never waited long for one to come. The resort is really beautiful especially duing Christmas time. :santa: There is a 87-foot-tall stone fireplace in the lobby with rocking chairs in front. Also a huge beautifully decorated Christmas tree. The resort has a warm woodsie feel. The pool also has a slide. Can you tell I love this resort!::yes:: Have you taken a Disney cruise before? What ship are you sailing on?
I just noticed that you have sailed on the Wonder and are going on the Magic this fall. Lucky you!! I want to live on Castaway Cay!

The boat ride is approx 10 minutes or so and we never waited long for one to come. The resort is really beautiful especially duing Christmas time. :santa: There is a 87-foot-tall stone fireplace in the lobby with rocking chairs in front. Also a huge beautifully decorated Christmas tree. The resort has a warm woodsie feel. The pool also has a slide. Can you tell I love this resort!::yes:: Have you taken a Disney cruise before? What ship are you sailing on?
I just noticed that you have sailed on the Wonder and are going on the Magic this fall. Lucky you!! I want to live on Castaway Cay!
I hope I didn't make a mistake! I called Disney earlier and was able to get a AAA rate (not that much of a savings, but every little bit counts;) ), and I went ahead and booked CR. I'm probably nuts, but the idea of being able to walk right in to the parks without even having to use the transportation system was appealing to me.

As for the cruise, Castaway Cay is my favorite place in the world!:cloud9: We have done 3 DCL cruises and are going on our 4th for Thanksgiving. It's a Double Dip to Castaway Cay!:banana: We can't wait! DW is a bonus! Our airline changed our flight time, so we decided to go to the MVSCP the night before we sail. We've never stayed in a deluxe because of the cost, so I thought this might be a way to try it out and see what we think.:goodvibes

I think you made a great choice! :yay: I have never stayed at CR but being on the monorail is going to make getting to MK so easy. I have always heard great things about CR. You do know that you will get spoiled at a deluxe and want to stay everytime :)

I think you made a great choice! :yay: I have never stayed at CR but being on the monorail is going to make getting to MK so easy. I have always heard great things about CR. You do know that you will get spoiled at a deluxe and want to stay everytime :)
That's what I'm afraid of!:rotfl:

...the idea of being able to walk right in to the parks without even having to use the transportation system was appealing to me.

I love the CR myself for the convenient access to the MK and the views of the lakes on either side. But I hope you realize that you're within walking distance of MK only. All the other parks are quite a long hike away!

I love the CR myself for the convenient access to the MK and the views of the lakes on either side. But I hope you realize that you're within walking distance of MK only. All the other parks are quite a long hike away!
I do realize that. We're doing the DCL cruise, so we'll only be going to MK. Thanks for letting me know though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter