need help with planning

MaryBeth7

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am new here. My family just won a trip for 4 to Disney. Although we are a family of 7 we are taking everbody. Me and DH, DD 12, DFD 8, DD 5, DS 2, and DFS 1. My step sister is also going with her 5 kids. (12,11,8, twin 1 yr olds). Can anyone give us ideas about planning and especially meals. Because we are such a big group any help would be appreciated. Thanks :cool1:

Huge Congratulations! That is awsome you lucky devil. Does the prize only include Airfare, hotel and parktickets? I haven't been there in so long, so food recommendations I can't help with sorry.

Depending on when you are going (any blackout times or restrictions?) I'd maybe check with Disney to see if there is a possibility of combining your prize with a Magical Gatherins plan or any other offers that may be out there.

are you paying for everyone else?

Disney is EXPENSIVE.

maybe 4 of you can stay onsite and the others offsite.

generally these contest are for the value resort - one room - so it allow only 4.

here is the menus from this site
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm#disneydining

very few places will be able to take your hold group.

I would call group sales.
here is another site to help with your choices.
http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

for everyone not included in your prize - I would suggest a home or condo offsite with a kitchen...

1-407-wdw-dine - call them they can tell you the number for the group dinning.

The travel agent called today to confirm my prize package. It is for a deluxe resort. How nice that would have been if we weren't 7 in the family. Oh well we are going to take a value resort and see if they will let me have the dining plan. Anyway now we just need to decide when and where we are staying. I am so anxious to get going on the planning. I'll let you all know whats up when I know more.

If you are all planning on eating all your meals together I'd suggest places that are buffets like Crystal Palace (MK-Pooh characters), Cape May clam bake (or their character breakfast buffet at Beach Club), Liberty Tree Tavern (MK-family style and character dinner), Hollywood and Vine + Fantasmic Package (MGM - no characters but you get reserved seating for the Fantasmic show), etc.

Just some ideas.

don't knock value resorts - I happen to love Pop Century....

lots of people love All Star Movie

here are pictures
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=537

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=533

your family is even too big for the new suites at All Star music....(it sleeps 6)

You realize that a value resort has 2 double beds - so if they get 2 rooms - that is 4 double beds... (you can hope for 3 rooms)

a cont standard room would be $249 in value season,
a value standard room would be $79 same time - so 3 (rooms) would be fair....

hope you love it!!!

I just asked a few question to the TA. One was can we put the free DDP onto our package and he said no. We have been given $600 disney dollars to use as we wish. But how far will that go for 2 adults, 1-11 yr old ,1-8 yrs old, 1-6 yr old, and two under 3. I think I will be able to add the dining plan for my 8 yr old because she will be in the room we have to pay for. I am almost ready to can the trip because it is too complicating.

If you have a family of 7 you already have to get an additional room at the hotel. If it were me I would book 4 people in that room and get the free dining under that reservation. That way you can have free dining for 4 of you and then the other $600 should be enough for the other three people taking advantage of the free room that you won. Also, I would put the kids that are 10 and older in the room with free dining, that way they count as adults on the dining plan. You might be able to have them share meals which would streach your dining dollars even further. By the way, how did you win the trip? I hope this helps a little. I'm sure you are going to have a great time, you've already had more than a little pixie dust come your way.
:cheer2:

Thanks Hockeymommy! We can't put the over 10 in that room because she is already part of the package. I was so close to not taking the prize ( by the way we won it from Global Quebec). My step-sister is coming with me with her 5 kids so we sat down today and planned most of our meals and days. I just can't wait to get there and be there.

Don't forget you can share meals under the plan (at places that are not buffets or shows), so for example if you go to Le Cellier, You can order 4 aps, 4 entrees, and 4 desserts. This might go a long way with your family(because you have a lot of small ones). You can also pay cash for additional meals. Besure to use www.allearsnet.com and go to the Menu section to help with the choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter