Need help with Orlando Attractions

SplashAtl

Earning My Ears
Hello. I have two boys ages 6 and 8. We are planning a trip to Orlando and need some assistance with what attractions to visit. We will be there for 3 days and would like to go to one of the water parks one of the days. We are not sure if we should go to a Disney waterpark or Wet n' Wild. Also, we aren't sure what Disney theme park we should visit, if we should go to SeaWorld and if we should go to Universal Studios or Universal Island of adventure. The trip is for the kids, so we want to make sure they have a great time. Any help or sharing of experiences would be helpful. Thanks in advance!!!

3 days in Orlando.

That's so little time that I have no idea how to resolve your trip plans.

WDW's Magic Kingdom is THE park to visit if all you have is one day.

But I can't imagine only spending ONE DAY of an Orlando vacation at a Disney theme-park.

I would do some research and look for what your boys like. If doing a water park, I would recommend Typhoon Lagoon, but you can find info on that, Blizzard Beach, and Wet-N-Wild online and compare them for yourself. With only three days, you might want to skip the water parks and do either parks at Disney World or the Universal ones, but it really depends on what your family would enjoy for your vacation.

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Two boys 6 & 8, I'd recommend a day at the Magic Kingdom and/or maybe MGM or Animal Kingdom. If they were a little older I'd recomend Islands of Adventure.

Robo said:
3 days in Orlando.

That's so little time that I have no idea how to resolve your trip plans.

WDW's Magic Kingdom is THE park to visit if all you have is one day.

But I can't imagine only spending ONE DAY of an Orlando vacation at a Disney theme-park.

We will actually be in Orlando for 5 days, but will have 3 full days to go to the attractions.

Sonno said:
Two boys 6 & 8, I'd recommend a day at the Magic Kingdom and/or maybe MGM or Animal Kingdom. If they were a little older I'd recomend Islands of Adventure.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. I want to make sure the attractions are age appropriate. I am doing my research. It just gets overwelming, and I think its beneficial to hear where others have gone and had a good time with children these ages.

Thanks!!!!

LadyZolt said:
I would do some research and look for what your boys like. If doing a water park, I would recommend Typhoon Lagoon, but you can find info on that, Blizzard Beach, and Wet-N-Wild online and compare them for yourself. With only three days, you might want to skip the water parks and do either parks at Disney World or the Universal ones, but it really depends on what your family would enjoy for your vacation.

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

We went to Disney a few years ago when the boys were much younger. I believe we went to SeaWorld and Magic Kingdom. Their father planned that trip so the details are not good for me. Now, I am responsible for planning this trip. 3 full days of attractions is more than enough for my family. The kids and the adults will be worn out by then. I just wanted to make sure we go to attractions that are age appropriate. Thanks!

Depends on what your boys like...at that age it was super heroes, etc for my boys.

If your boys love Dr. Seuss and super heroes the place to go is Universal's Islands of Adventure..they will love it.

Sea World is always a perfect day and my kids love it to this day, they have been going since they were your boys ages and they are all mid 20's now.

Goofy (mini) golfing was always a family activity whenever we went out of town. In orlando, they have the Pirates Cove courses, or on Disney property I would recommend the winter/summerland course near Blizzard Beach. Christmas themed, lol, very cute for the kids. Lots of fun to play.

As far as a water park, Wet and Wild is fantastic, if you want to do a disney water park I would go to typhoon lagoon.

If you are going to try and fit a disney park in there..if you have never been to disney you must start with the Magic Kingdom, if you have been to disney before then I would choose a different park.

If you decide to do Islands of Adventure..and outstanding park and Sea World, with a water park/goofy golfing day, then maybe, just for a touch of disney you could choose a disney character meal in one of the disney resorts to end your vacation with.

That would be a very full and satisfying vacation for 3 days!

Good luck with your planning.

webray said:
Depends on what your boys like...at that age it was super heroes, etc for my boys.

If your boys love Dr. Seuss and super heroes the place to go is Universal's Islands of Adventure..they will love it.

Sea World is always a perfect day and my kids love it to this day, they have been going since they were your boys ages and they are all mid 20's now.

Goofy (mini) golfing was always a family activity whenever we went out of town. In orlando, they have the Pirates Cove courses, or on Disney property I would recommend the winter/summerland course near Blizzard Beach. Christmas themed, lol, very cute for the kids. Lots of fun to play.

As far as a water park, Wet and Wild is fantastic, if you want to do a disney water park I would go to typhoon lagoon.

If you are going to try and fit a disney park in there..if you have never been to disney you must start with the Magic Kingdom, if you have been to disney before then I would choose a different park.

If you decide to do Islands of Adventure..and outstanding park and Sea World, with a water park/goofy golfing day, then maybe, just for a touch of disney you could choose a disney character meal in one of the disney resorts to end your vacation with.

That would be a very full and satisfying vacation for 3 days!

Good luck with your planning.

Thank you SO much! This really helps with planning.

My DS7 LOVES Islands of Adventure. We were there back in November and he rode Spiderman 3 times in a row--this was the first ride he'd ever asked to go back on immediately after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter