• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Need help with Fastpass strategy

karylrocks

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....
I am wanting to collect Fastpasses throughout the morning and use them all in the afternoon/evening on 9/1 (Thursday, no EE). What is the best order in which to do this to minimize the wait time to collect the next one and maximize the number I can get before 12:30? Whatever I don't get by that time I can then get after 2:30.

:cool1: Hi unless they have changed the system for fastpasses since last Sept you can't go around collecting them. you get one and then you can't get another until after time allotted for previous has started for example have FP for between 9am - 10am get another for different ride at 9:01
34 days to go for next visit :Pinkbounc :banana:

karylrocks said:
I am wanting to collect Fastpasses throughout the morning and use them all in the afternoon/evening on 9/1 (Thursday, no EE). What is the best order in which to do this to minimize the wait time to collect the next one and maximize the number I can get before 12:30? Whatever I don't get by that time I can then get after 2:30.
I would get the first FP for the ride which runs out of them first. The reason to look at which ride runs out of FP first is not because you will not be able get one, but because if the FP is in higher demand, the return time will be later. And the later the return time, the longer you will have to wait until you can get another.

For everyone's review, when you get a FP there is a one-hour window listed. You can get your next FP when the window opens, or two hours have passed from when it was issued, whichever is first.

Space Mtn will probably still be highly popular on Sept 1, and I would get that one first.

Here is how I would do it if it were me:

Get to the gate 30 minutes early.
Space Mtn
Splash Mtn
Indy
Big Thunder RR
Buzz Lightyear
Autopia

You can get Roger Rabbit at any time, as it is disconnected.

karylrocks said:

Here's a thread from another board that really explains how the FastPass system works:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5720

HydroGuy said:
I would get the first FP for the ride which runs out of them first. The reason to look at which ride runs out of FP first is not because you will not be able get one, but because if the FP is in higher demand, the return time will be later. And the later the return time, the longer you will have to wait until you can get another.
Would't I want to get the FP that has the shortest return time first, so that I can get more FP in a shorter amount of time?

karylrocks said:
Would't I want to get the FP that has the shortest return time first, so that I can get more FP in a shorter amount of time?

Read the above posts - you cannot collect FastPasses. And I think the window is 2 hours or the time listed on the FastPass you can go on the ride, whichever comes first. Once that time has passed, you can get another FastPass. For example, if you get a FastPass Space Mountain at 9am and it says you can get on the ride between 10:30am and 11:30am, you can get your next FastPass at 10:30. However, if your FastPass said you can get on the ride between 1pm and 2pm, you could get your next one at 11am, 2 hours after you got this one. And there really is no ending time for a FastPass, they can be used anytime of the day after the starting time.

Make sense?

stacielee said:
Read the above posts - you cannot collect FastPasses. And I think the window is 2 hours or the time listed on the FastPass you can go on the ride, whichever comes first. Once that time has passed, you can get another FastPass. For example, if you get a FastPass Space Mountain at 9am and it says you can get on the ride between 10:30am and 11:30am, you can get your next FastPass at 10:30. However, if your FastPass said you can get on the ride between 1pm and 2pm, you could get your next one at 11am, 2 hours after you got this one. And there really is no ending time for a FastPass, they can be used anytime of the day after the starting time.

Make sense?
You can collect FPs in the sense that you do not have to use them during the windows, and thus can save them up and use them later in the day.

karylrocks said:
If you get there first thing in the morning, all the rides will have short return times. The first FP spit out each day for Splash, Indy, or Big Thunder will all occur at say 5 minutes after park opening. Since they are the first fastpasses, they will all have return times 35-40 minutes later (the minimum return time used). That is why I would get Space Mtn or Splash first. Make sense?

If you get there an hour after opening, I would agree with you and go for something like Big Thunder first with shorter return times.

cmwade77 said:
The minimum return time is 10 minutes, rare but it has happened to me in the past.
That would be cool!

I thought the 35 minutes was hard-wired into the system. Guess not.

HydroGuy said:
You can collect FPs in the sense that you do not have to use them during the windows, and thus can save them up and use them later in the day.
Yes, that is what I mean to do. Say, get the first one at 9:10, the second one at 9:45, third one at 11:00, fourth one at 12:15, or something like that, then use them up in the late afternoon/evening. I see what you are saying about Splash/Space Mtn, makes sense now. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter