Need Help With Dining On Day Of Going To Ak Park????

FairyDust2008

DIS Veteran
Hi!
We are thinking of switching to going to the AK Park instead of Epcot and I"m wondering what would be best for our dining options. I've tried for the Donald's Breakfastsaurous, with no luck but I'm going to try and keep calling:confused3 If I can't get it, would you suggest BOMA? I would like to get there in enough time to enjoy breakfast before the park opens. We would be traveling from the GF, so I'm not sure how early the bus starts running. Or................we were thinking of breakfast at our resort, perhaps, GF cafe early and then head to AK park and do a dinner maybe at Boma when our day at the park is done. What do you all think? Any suggestions would be quite helpful. THANKS SO MUCH :)

Since you atre staying at GF, I'd suggest going over to the Poly and having breakfast at Kona - it is a favorite bf spot for many.

My suggestion would to be to grab a little something at the hotel in the morning and make a lunch adr for tusker house. It was really great to have a sitdown air conditioned meal in the middle of AK day (i think it gets really hot in that park)

Hi!
We are thinking of switching to going to the AK Park instead of Epcot and I"m wondering what would be best for our dining options. I've tried for the Donald's Breakfastsaurous, with no luck but I'm going to try and keep calling:confused3 If I can't get it, would you suggest BOMA? I would like to get there in enough time to enjoy breakfast before the park opens. We would be traveling from the GF, so I'm not sure how early the bus starts running. Or................we were thinking of breakfast at our resort, perhaps, GF cafe early and then head to AK park and do a dinner maybe at Boma when our day at the park is done. What do you all think? Any suggestions would be quite helpful. THANKS SO MUCH :)

That is exactly the plan I'd go with.

Since you are staying at the GF I hope you are planning on the 1900 PF breakfast during your stay. If not, see if you can get in this day.
(CP breakfast is my favorite, but 1900 PF is the family favorite).

My family really enjoyed Boma, but probably would not make a special trip to Boma if we were not staying there, just because of time lost to travel.

Everyone wants to visit Yak and Yeti again. We had a great, relaxing meal there. :)

Hi!

Just to make sure you are aware, Boma isn't at the AK park, but rather the AKL. There is a drive between them, and I think that you may have problems getting there for breakfast unless you have a car as you would most likely need to do the GF -> DTD -> AKL bus dance (I don't think that AKL is part of the early morning breakfast bus run)
Personally, I would recommend doing breakfast at the cafe, then getting to the park before it opens, and then doing dinner at Boma. Much easier to handle, the hardest part would be getting from AKL back to GF at night, but you can probably just take a bus to MK/TTC and then take the monorail or walk.

When we ate at Boma we took a bus to AK then got on the bus to AKL, it only took a couple of minutes from the park to the lodge, much better than going to DTD first.

On our AK days we usually have dinner at Boma. It's a quick bus ride at the end of the day in the park, and after diner we take the bus over to Downtown Disney to spend some time. It usually works well since AK closes early. We also usually stay at POFQ so getting home from Downtown Disney is pretty quick too.

Inside AK we really have only done cs meals.

We ate breakfast and dinner at Boma (we stayed at AKL) and I highly recommend both. I don't think you can wrong with either meal. That being said, because you are not staying at AKL and don't want to lose too much time at AK I would recommend eating at your hotel and then having dinner at Boma. The day we did AK we had dinner at Boma (nothing really excited us at the park itself). The hotel itself is beautiful and it would be a nice relaxing way to end the day. After dinner you can take the bus to Magic Kingdom and then the monorail to GF (or bus to Epcot and then monorail to hotel).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!