Need help sending a complaint letter to WDW

Zippa D Doodah

<font color=red>Suffering from Fairy Alienation.
I had a bad experience on my recent trip and was trying to contact WDW about it. I clicked on the "contact us" tab on the WDW website and submitted my letter. However it just seems to kick me back to the blank page again. I think my letter is not going thru because I sent the same thing the same way ten days ago and have not received any word from WDW that they had received it. I'm not really a letter writer, but I had a really un-Disneylike experience that I would like to pass along to the powers that be.

Is there somewhere else I could submit my letter? TIA

I started a thread about it over on the resorts board. Basically it was an upgrade gone horribly wrong. For those who would like the gory details, here is the letter I am trying to send...

To Whom It May Concern:
I am just back from yet another great Walt Disney World vacation. My 7 year-old son and I stayed at Coronado Springs June 11-15. Although I can hardly believe it, this was my ninth trip over the last eight years. The collective Cast Members at Walt Disney World must be doing something right!
However something went drastically wrong on this most recent trip. It started off pleasantly enough. My son and I presented ourselves to check in at Pop Century on Monday, June 11 at 9:45am. We were tired from our journey, but quickly re-energized by the offer of a free upgrade to Coronado Springs. I am very appreciative of the upgrade offer.
This is where things start to deteriorate. I will apologize in advance for the length and detail of my letter, but I believe the details will help you to understand my frustration and ongoing issue. We arrived at the front desk of Coronado Springs via a courtesy van from Pop Century. The CM was courteous, assigning us room #7597 -near the main pool and a bus stop. My son and I made the long walk to the room from El Centro only to discover that our card keys did not work.
We walked back to El Centro and spoke with a concierge CM who was a bit condescending to me upon my explanation of my problem. He did issue a new (second) set of keys. My son and I once again walked to our room (#7597). Once again the card keys did not work. My frustration was gathering.
My son, who remained patient throughout our journey to Walt Disney World as well as on the trips back and forth to El Centro, indicated that he was tired and did not wish to walk back to El Centro for a third consecutive time. I resolved myself to make it easier on him my finding a nearby CM to assist me.
I found a wonderfully pleasant CM from engineering named Joseph who was doing some maintenance on a nearby room. He was cordial and understanding, and used his pass key to let my son and I into our room for the very first time. He took charge of the situation in an appropriate and helpful way by calling the front desk for me and explaining my dilemma.
The front desk sent a runner to the room. She collected my card keys and said she would be back with a new (third) set. 45 minutes later she arrived back at our room with the new set of keys. These card keys did in fact open the door to our room. I specifically asked her if my park entry entitlements and charging privileges were still in place on this new set of keys. She assured me that all was in order.
Hours after we had hoped to leave for the parks on Monday, my son and I made our way to the Magic Kingdom. This trip was to be a "boys' adventure" for the two of us. Our objective was to enjoy one another's company, and to enjoy the magic and thrill of Walt Disney World theme parks. Imagine our delight, holding hands and finally making our way to the gates of the Magic Kingdom -knowing that our first spin on Space Mountain was only minutes away. Our joy and anticipation was quickly derailed when we were denied admission because our card keys did not include entry privileges. Dismayed, I went to Guest Services. A CM there gave us two temporary passes that would allow us to enter teh park for that day. He told me that I would need to get the problem taken care of at my resort.
My son and I enjoyed the park for several hours before travelling back to Coronado Springs. I was dreading having to once again deal with this same issue which should have been resolved the first time. A pleasant CM named Willie at the concierge desk listened to my long story. He made a phone call, and after a few minutes told me that the problem was that my park entry entitlements had not been transferred along with us from Pop Century. He made a new (fourth) set of card keys for us, and assured us that all was now taken care of.
Exhausted after a day of travel and fun, my son and I decided that we would finish the day by going for a swim at the Dig Site pool. When we went back to the room my card key did not work. Imagine my surprise!
Wearing dripping wet bathing suits and flipflops, my son and I made our way once again to El Centro. A CM I spoke with did not seem to care much about my dilemma, but did issue me another card key. On the way back to the room, a drenching thunderstorm soaked us thoroughly. We just grinned at each other and shook our heads.
This newest card key did open the room. We were even more tired after our latest journey to El Centro, so we ordered our supper through room service. 90 minutes later the supper came. It was cold, expensive, and unsatisfactory.
Tuesday, June 12 was our second day. We arose early, ready to enjoy the parks in hopes that the troubles of the previous day were behind us. Our destination was Animal Kingdom. We arrived at park opening, ready to have a full day of thrills and fun.
When we went to enter the park my key was rejected as being invalid. My son's key was accepted. Once again we were directed to Guest Services. A pleasant CM there who could not grasp the big picture of my problem issued me a temporary pass for the park, and told me that I needed to resolve my problem at the resort. Rightly sensing my frustration at having to begin my day at Guest Services, she issued us a complimentary single-use pass for any one ride in the park. This was a small consolation to me at this point, but it was a significant gesture in that it was the only time anyone other than Joseph (the CM from engineering from much earlier in the story) had said or done anything to apologize or commisserate for my dilemma.
Instead of hopping directly to Disney-MGM Studios, my son and I stopped by the front desk of Coronado Springs once again. We were issued yet another set of card keys. This change in our plans was yet another inconvenience, but I am glad to say that we had no further issues with our card keys.
When it came time for us to depart we did not receive notification about pick-up instructions from Disney's Magical Express. I was too busy enjoying my time with my son to bother calling and straightening out yet another mess on the day before my departure. I called the ME service number on the morning of my departure and was told that I was scheduled for pick-up at Pop Century. I explained that this would be an inconvenience since I was now staying at Coronado Springs. Needing to catch an airplane that afternoon, I did the only thing I knew to do: I made my way to the ME bus stop and hopped on the next bus.
As we were leaving I thought about hwo glad I was to have survived the odyssey of the previous days. I was thankful to be heading home. In all my trips to Walt Disney World I have never felt that way before.
Between the days of June 11-15 I encountered continued incompetence, poor communication, some condescending attitudes, and a problem that it seemed would never end.
Again, I am grateful for the upgrade that Walt Disney World made to me upon my arrival. However the incompetent mishandling of this issue made something wonderful into something horrible. I am glad the headache is behind me. I want to trust Walt Disney World with my future vacationing needs, but as of right now I do not. I just cannot understand why this problem never did get resolved. I remained patient throughout, with my son at my side. I did not desire to give up anymore of our precious vacation time by presenting my dilemma to management at Coronado Springs. I just wanted someone to get things right. Sadly it never did happen.
Thank you for reading my lengthy letter. I think Disney wishes to be a good host to all it's guests. But for me and my son, on this particular trip, it did not happen that way.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXX

LOL, I wouldn't share details here, LOL. NO ONE WILL BELIEVE YOU! Disney does no wrong in many people's eyes. ;)

I have a very good friend who posted in the resort forum about a horrible experience she had at a Disney hotel, getting food poisoning,etc. She asked about it here (how to complain) and she got tore to shreds.

She did complain to Disney, had documentation from medical personel, was contacted by food services ,etc.

She DID get part of her money back from her trip, so they do listen. It took her probably a few months until it all got sorted out.

**edited because I see you posted it, LOL**

Good luck!

Hey, it's all pretty objective stuff. I suppose someone could quibble over some of the condescension I was pickiing up on, but that's a minor point. I am typically a Disney apologist, but I just report it as it happened in my case. I have no idea what WDW would want to do; I would accept a partial refund, I guess, but am certainly not expecting one. I just figure someone would like to hear about what became a pretty monumental screwup.

I think you are 100% entitled to something. Having the keys not work the first time was okay, a mistake, forgivable but to have them not work over and over and then deny you access to the parks not once but twice. No that isn't acceptable Disney Customer Service.

And I adore Disney! Aside from everything else how did you like Coronado? We stayed there last September and really enjoyed ourselves.

I would send it certified mail to the manager at Coronado Springs, maybe it's not certified...whichever one requires a signature and a receipt back to you.

One tip, spaces between those paragraphs. :)

Don't get me started on park passes. We had to replace my son's three times for some reason and only one CM was at least apologetic about it. Mine worked fine and they were kept together so I have no idea what was going on. I saw several others having problems with their park passes too.

Disney seems to be having issues with keys and passes nowadays. Good luck with your letter.

I'm not questioning you complaint BUT your letter is waaaaay too long and too detailed. It is going to get skimmed. I know I got tired of reading it and someone trying to deal with a lot of these is going to do the same. IMO you need to clearly with out embellishment state your complaint and what you want them to do about it plain and simple. It isn't creative writing 101. I have always had the best luck dealing with complaints this way state complaint and how they can make me happy. Good Luck Disney took about 6 weeks to get back to an e mail we sent.

Snail Mail

Walt Disney World Guest Relations
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

You can use the PO Box 10000 address for any department etc. So you can send something to CS through that address.

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Zip, I feel your pain. Last year we stayed at ASSp. We checked in at 9:30 am and were upgreded to premium room and given KTTK immediately. Our problem was after we got in MGM. We went to PTC and our media was REJECTED. OUr wonderful server said give him 5 minutes to do what he could. He brought our cards back and said stop at the desk that night, and they would have new cards with updated info. Fortunately, we had ressies for H&V that nite, so we didn't have todeal with cs. Our server(Michael) took our cards at the start and had everything taken care of before we finished eating. At the resort, we had to wait a half hour for a 30 second procedure. But caring cm's made sure our experience went well. That is what you didn't have when you needed it. Send the whole letter. If they can't take two minutes to read a good account, they ain't worth the name Disney.

Please send a letter. We had some bad experiences this year, that left a small bad taste but hey we're planning next year's vacation already.

I think you are 100% entitled to something. Having the keys not work the first time was okay, a mistake, forgivable but to have them not work over and over and then deny you access to the parks not once but twice. No that isn't acceptable Disney Customer Service.

And I adore Disney! Aside from everything else how did you like Coronado? We stayed there last September and really enjoyed ourselves.

CSR was nicely themed. The landscaping was impeccable -as you would expect at a WDW resort. DS loved chasing and counting lizards all week -I think we were up to 73 by the time we left. It was a bit too spread out for me (maybe too many unplanned walks to El Centro :rotfl: ). We stayed close to the Dig Site pool, which was awesome. It was just a short walk to bus stop #4. If it weren't for the absurd room key problems, I'd probably consider staying there again.

I would send it certified mail to the manager at Coronado Springs, maybe it's not certified...whichever one requires a signature and a receipt back to you.

One tip, spaces between those paragraphs. :)

Thanks...

re. spacing, I'm not sure why it pasted this way, but that wasn't how it looked when I typed it. :confused3

I'm not questioning you complaint BUT your letter is waaaaay too long and too detailed. It is going to get skimmed. I know I got tired of reading it and someone trying to deal with a lot of these is going to do the same. IMO you need to clearly with out embellishment state your complaint and what you want them to do about it plain and simple. It isn't creative writing 101. I have always had the best luck dealing with complaints this way state complaint and how they can make me happy. Good Luck Disney took about 6 weeks to get back to an e mail we sent.

Yeah, I get bored reading it myself. :lmao: Thanks for the tip. I guess a little righteous indignation snuck its way in there. Plus I wanted to include each instance in which the same problem went unsolved. I'll tinker with it before I send out more copies to WDW. Life is a little wacky right now, but I'll work on another version soon.

On a related note, does anyone really think WDW would give me something? That would be cool. Don't think I'd turn it down if something was offered.

REWRITE your letter.
You have a valid complaint, but it it way, way too long winded.
They don't have time to read "gone with the Wind"
I would use a number system with a brief summary...

1-check into Pop Century-given free upgrade
2- First set of keys dont work-walk back to front desk
3-2nd set of keys don't work-walk back to desk
4-Admission to MK denied-walk to Guest services to get pass

:)

Not to belittle what happened to you, but this stuff happens ALL the time. We've had terrible experiences over at the Wilderness Lodge villa's and once at Coronado, that one trip at WL we had our keys issued FOUR times, it was a PIA as we trudged back and forth between the main building and the villa's...

I don't think they'll do anything for you, what happened was probably standard protocol for how they do things now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter