Need help planning and budgeting honeymoon

jimlab2777

Earning My Ears
Hey All

SO my fiancé and I are planning to get married in early Feb and then going on a 10 day honeymoon. We plan to spend 4 days on a cruise then 6 at the Disney are parks. The 4 Disney parks, seaworld and universal.

Now I have not been to the parks in well 8 years. But I feel like all the prices have gone up so much it hard to imagine how to afford it.

So I guess I am asking if I am missing some ways to buy the tickets cheaper? I am basically looking for 1 day for two at SeaWorld, 1 day at universal but would like access to their city walk or whatever it is called for the food places. And then 4 days in Disney one at epcot, one at animal kingdom, 1 at Hollywood studios and one at magic kingdom. So I need the best deals I can get cause to be honest looking around I am seeing at a minimum for two people all those parks over 6 days $1400? That seems a bit pricey no? I am trying to budget smart as I know I will spend probably $1000 on food over the 6 days if we eat out every night. And I cant even remember if you have to pay to park?

Any help thank you in advance

Looking at it quickly I'm seeing $380 for 4 day Disney base ticket, $170 for Universal park to park, and $80 for Sea World. So about $630 each or about $1300 for 2. You might be able to find some some discounts on sites like Undercover Tourist. But that sounds about right for hitting all the parks.
Parking is $22/day at WDW and Universal and $20 at SW.
The CityWalk area at Universal is outside the parks and you don't need park tickets to enter, just need to pay for the parking.

One day park tickets are always more expensive than multi-day park tickets.

Not sure where you plan to stay, but if you are only doing one day at Universal, get the cheapest hotel that Universal has that still offers the express pass option for the parks and check in as early as you can the day you're going to the parks. Then use the express pass (which can cost $100 per person) and do as much hopping around as you can during that day. You might consider two days at Universal because you would get the express pass for both check in and check-out days.

For Sea World Orlando, check on their website. You can get tickets for $20 off if you purchase in advance (but don't buy until right before you go). And they seem to have deals going right now so hopefully they will have some when you go.

Definitely check Undercover Tourist and Mousesavers for some deals.

Everywhere we look just to do 4 days at the Disney parks and 2 at universal and skipping sea world we still looking at $1400 for two. Crazy expensive if you ask me.

I've been looking weekly to see if UO is having any specials. Current pricing is the more you stay the lower the daily price but for those of us who only want 1 day - the pricing isn't the greatest. Now Seaworld - they do run some pretty good specials. They are having one now that they just released but I'm not sure how long it's going for.

Just an FYI I saw UO has a groupon for multi-day tickets right now! I think $285 for a 5 day 1 park? I can’t remember exactly but wanted to throw it out there cause I remembered this thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter