Need help on resort decision - party of 5

ltrenda0930

Earning My Ears
:scratchin4 adults (parents & grandparents) and 1 child...1 room at Polynesian or 2 rooms at Beach Club Resort? $600 difference
I have read that you can walk from Beach Club Resort to Epcot and catch monorail, anyone have an opinion as to whether or not that is convenient? If so, it might be worth saving the $600 and having 2 rooms. Let me know your thoughts. We have not stayed at either resort before. Previous stays were at value resorts and Carribean Beach. :scratchin:rolleyes2:confused3

Beach Club has rooms for 5 !! We stayed in one room with 2 adults and 3 teenaged girls ! It is a wonderful resort and yes you can walk to Epcot ! You will be in the back of Epcot by France and England ! :thumbsup2

Agreed the beach club can accomedate 5 2 doubles/queens and a daybed. I will locate a pic and room number that was so sweet if you'd like As for transportation it really is centrally located you can catch a bus to Magic Kingdom which I think is the fastest way. you can walk and it's less than half a mile walk to the gate of Epcot or you can take the boat transportation over to Hollywood studios. Plus the pool it's a sandy bottom pool it is amazing and I love it highly recommended. I cant speak of the other resort because we have not stayed there

:scratchin4 adults (parents & grandparents) and 1 child...1 room at Polynesian or 2 rooms at Beach Club Resort? $600 difference
I have read that you can walk from Beach Club Resort to Epcot and catch monorail, anyone have an opinion as to whether or not that is convenient? If so, it might be worth saving the $600 and having 2 rooms. Let me know your thoughts. We have not stayed at either resort before. Previous stays were at value resorts and Carribean Beach. :scratchin:rolleyes2:confused3

If you are going to save $600 by having 2 rooms at BC I would definitely go that route. Have heard they have an awesome pool!

We've stayed at both and while we did love the BC, the Poly is our favorite resort. As others have said, one room at the BC will accommodate all 5 of you. One big advantage to the BC is that it is within walking distance to both Epcot and DHS, which is very convenient. You also have the option of taking the boat. To get to the other parks, the bus is your only option. Walking through Epcot to catch the monorail is doable, but takes a little time as you enter Epcot through the International Gateway and have to walk all the way to the front to catch the monorail. You really can't go wrong with either resort as they are both great places to stay. With all of that said, for a savings of $600 and having 2 rooms at the BC vs 1 room at the Poly, the BC would probably be the best option as having the extra space in 2 rooms would be worth it. Just curious though.....how is the BC that much cheaper for 2 rooms?

FYI. If you're planning on walking through Epcot to the monorail in order to go to MK you will need park hoppers.

Sorry guys, I made a mistake. I had in my notes that we would have to get 2 rooms, but that was wrong and the price is only for 1 room.

So...to be clear, 5 people, 1 room - Polynesian or save $600 and stay at Beach Club. I think I am looking for easiest/most convenient transportation to/from parks.

Sorry guys, I made a mistake. I had in my notes that we would have to get 2 rooms, but that was wrong and the price is only for 1 room.

So...to be clear, 5 people, 1 room - Polynesian or save $600 and stay at Beach Club. I think I am looking for easiest/most convenient transportation to/from parks.

Polynesian then

We're having same issue only there's 2 adults, 3 kids ages 8, 6, and 3 when we go. We're booked at GF but debating changing to POR, Boardwalk, BC, YC or back to the Poly. decisions decisions. Boardwalk is appealing because we'll be going to epcot the most and HS is kids favorite park. But if it's like a carnival theme like i've heard not really into that.

I've never stayed at the Poly, but I have stayed at YC and BWI and I REALLY enjoyed staying in that area. You can walk (or take a boat, if the walk is too much) to 2 parks (Epcot and Hollywood Studios). At night, there is all the entertainment of the Boardwalk right there. Also, since you are bringing grandparents, do you think there might be a night when the grandparents will watch your child so you and your spouse can have a night out? The BC will be perfect for that--you have lots of restaurants at the Boardwalk, or even Epcot.

And Storm Along Bay is a wonderful pool area!

I'd go with the Poly. The rooms are much larger and all rooms come with a daybed. There are daybeds at the BC, but not all rooms come with one. Parties of 5 are given preference for those rooms, but sometimes they are not available, in which case they will give you a rollaway. The Poly isn't within walking distance to Epcot, but it is just a 5-7 minute walk to the TTC where you can catch the Epcot monorail and is just 2 monorail stops from the MK. The BC is very convenient for getting to Epcot and DHS, but in our experience, was very time consuming getting to MK and AK. Good luck :).

Have stayed at both BC and Poly. Prefer BC because of close proximity to Epcot and love the resort. The pool is amazing and there are several restaurants to choose from between the BC, YC ,BWI and Swan & Dolphin. The Poly was always my least favorite resort. Whatever you choose you will have a great time! Enjoy!

Hands down, Poly for transportation!

I think it depends on what parks you mostly want to visit. If it's Epcot and Hollywood Studios, then probably BC. If it's Magic Kingdom and Epcot, then Poly. If you just want to see all parks I lean towards Poly.

It all depends on what your whole parties preference is an where you will spend most of your time. We have stayed at the Poly for our last 4 trips because of the convenience with the monorail, especially when pushing a stroller around. When you have to use the bus system you have to take the child out of the stroller and that's a pain with a sleeping or cranky child. So we were able to get to two parks via the monorail (MK and EP) and no transfers.

We are trying the BC this year for something different, even though we love the POLY! The benefits here are walking in by the WS at EP (5 mins from BC) and choice of boat or longer walk (15-20) to HS. While we love MK our kids are getting older, so these two parks are becoming more popular.

What I will miss at the Poly, besides the transportation?

- beautiful, tropic resort
- staff are so friendly
- view of MK and the MK fireworks at night on the beach
- water pageant at night on the Seven Seas Lagoon (your 3 year old will like this)
- Tonga Toast

However, I will not miss the overcrowded main pool because there is no consistency with checking resort ids. Last year was our first trip in June and it was awful and annoying.

What I am looking forward at BC?
- SAB pool and the secured access for resort guests only (I know it won't be perfect - but it's better then nothing!)
- walking to France and getting a Grand Marnier cocktail!
- enjoying our evening strolls at WS at EP even more knowing we are a short walk back to our resort instead of the mad dash to the monorail.
- when leaving MK having the choice of different ways back to BC (1. Bus, 2. ferry to TTC then monorail to EP and walk 3. monorail to TTC and then switch monorail to EP and walk). There is nothing like when a park closes and the lines back to your resort are ridiculous.
- ditto transportation options from HS (walk or boat)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter