Need help--never been to universal

frankiemom

DIS Veteran
My son has off for a long weekend in Dec and I had an idea to go to Universal. I am great at getting the deals for Disney but clueless for Universal. Can someone help? I want to stay at a nice hotel nearby from Dec 5--9 anywhere I can get some great deals on a nice hotel? How about tickets to Universal? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.:bounce:

First call Universal to see what kind of deal you can get onsite.

I highly recommend you stay onsite. The hotels are great, you can walk to the parks and you get FOTL - it's fabulous.

I just went to unversalorlando.com and put your dates in for the Royal Pacific. You can get the 4th night free. The rate is $179, but with the 4th night free, it averages out to $134, which is pretty good.

I agree that you should call and get some information. Hopefully, you will find something onsite. You will love it.

Call 1-800-UESCAPE or 1-888-BE A STAR and ask for what discounts are available. Rack rates are ridiculous but the discounted rates can be very affordable.

Check this COMPARISON CHART to get an idea of what hotel works for you.

As mentioned, the FOTL perk is awesome and worth the extra money.

... has a rate of $149.25 a night at RPH for those dates, which isn't bad either! :)

Have a great trip,
Sarah

I recently (3 weeks ago) booked RPR for December 6-9th for $110 a night -- Entertainment rate. Might still be available for your days.

They also have an APH rate still available for RPR at $109 a night for 2 days and $129 for the other 2. Probably also have FAN rates as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter